ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    8x10 polyethelene
    Insulation
    REI long CCF pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, amsteel

Hi from NJ

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, and have done a couple of hangs in NY state. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the forum -- you've helped me out a lot!

I first got a ENO DoubleNest from REI so that my girlfriend and I could bring it along on day hikes and camping trips. That was some time in July. A few weeks later, I was looking for a set-up that would enable me to see the stars while going to sleep on solo trips (I have a regular tent with a fly, etc.). As I was lookinng at bivy sacks and mesh tents, I suddenly thought, "Hmm, I wonder if I could just use that hammock I got." I googled "hammock camping," and discovered a new microcosm. I never had a chance -- I was doomed to be a hammock camper from that day forward.

I've gone on two hammock camping trips so far. I'll post about them in the "Trip Reports" forum. Thanks again!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    It is good to hear that you have found your here. Welcome to HF hammock hanging is the only way to go!
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    BigMamajamba Spinn
    Insulation
    Bag/Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    There must be something in the water here in Joisey. There have been a flood of new Jersey members since I joined.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"