Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners

Yeti ends up next to me not under?

I was wondering if there is a way to better secure the yeti to the BB. I really like how easy it is to set up and put on the WBBB.

I know that it should be able to move along the shock chord freely so you can vent it and position it, but once set I thought that maybe there could be some sort of strap to secure it. My problem is that as I sleep diagonally and move around the night the yeti slides off my shoulder and ends up "bananaed" next to me instead of with me in it!

Anyone have this problem or have a solution?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeEnthusiast View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way to better secure the yeti to the BB. I really like how easy it is to set up and put on the WBBB.

I know that it should be able to move along the shock chord freely so you can vent it and position it, but once set I thought that maybe there could be some sort of strap to secure it. My problem is that as I sleep diagonally and move around the night the yeti slides off my shoulder and ends up "bananaed" next to me instead of with me in it!

Anyone have this problem or have a solution?
    Yes, I have had similar problems with my synthetic so called "Yeti". But, I think the shock cord used on current down Yetis is different than mine, so I don't know how much that effects things.

One thing that has been a noticeable help is to pull the shock cord on the left side tighter than the right side. AFTER 1st putting a ~1" loop in the foot end shock cord and putting that loop over the end knots. This keeps the shockcord from rotating, then you can pull one side tighter, and movement off of your left shoulder will be minimized.

Also, you can instead or in addition to, add a small loop in the left side shockcord ( or sew a grosgrain loop onto the quilt), run a shock cord through it and then up to the ridge line. That should keep it at your left shoulder.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    You can add more cord to the Yeti suspension so it isn't quite so tight and see if that helps. Instead of hanging mine around the gathered end of the hammock, I attach it to the suspension cords that came with my JRB quilts to give me some extra lenght. This helps me.

Paul sells triangle thingies on his Arrowhead Equipment website. Ya have to read the thread and see the pictures to understand how they work.

I've also added loops and mitten hooks to hammocks and UQ to keep quilts from slipping off shoulder.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

WS adjustable tension.

I added a Dynaglide WS to adjust the total length of the shock cord suspension from the design length to a several extra inches. Found at max length the Yetis still seal tight, but allow for easier repositioning(sliding up and down the shock cord) and it more or less stays put where I position it. Eventually plan to replace this WS with a much longer one. The original intention was to have a venting system that could easily be adjusted from within the hammock without having to slide the Yeti up and down along the shock cord suspension.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Well isn't that ingenious! I'd love to see pics! Sounds like great solution and great idea for venting. Those whoopie slings sure do get around!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    I added a Dynaglide WS to adjust the total length of the shock cord suspension from the design length to a several extra inches. Found at max length the Yetis still seal tight, but allow for easier repositioning(sliding up and down the shock cord) and it more or less stays put where I position it. Eventually plan to replace this WS with a much longer one. The original intention was to have a venting system that could easily be adjusted from within the hammock without having to slide the Yeti up and down along the shock cord suspension.
    Hmmmmm. By "max length", is that the same as fairly loose? I have found that mine needs to be pretty darn tight for a good seal on both ends. Though mine may have some suspension cord differences compared to the newest generation of Yeti. But maybe it is time for me to experiment some more with WBUQ tension. I would prefer not having to have so much tension on it.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti + TL 1/4" CCF
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    If I'm particularly restless in a night I'll occasionally move it out from under me. I've gotten quite good at unzipping my hammock a little and pulling it back into place.
    If there's two ways to take my comments, assume it's the lighter and funnier of the two.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Using a 3sYeti and a winter Yeti I've never had this problem; but when I lie down to sleep I don't move at all until I wake up.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Using a 3sYeti and a winter Yeti I've never had this problem; but when I lie down to sleep I don't move at all until I wake up.
    I'm like you, I sleep like the dead in my hammocks. Genuine Draft on the other hand, does not. All I did for her is attach a small piece of shockcord to the hammock and a cord lock to the Yeti. A quick connect and it doesn't move all night, even though she's tossing around like one of those new fancy 5-direction washing machines.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

WS adjustable tension

Real simple. WS with fixed loop at other end. Attached to shock cord with what may be an Anglers loop or "perfect loop". Loop holds tight in stretchy line like shock chord. Attached so I can access it from the left side (as you lay on your back) of the WBBB or Traveler. So far have not needed to tighten it at max length to seal the Yeti. Hammock is still "lifted" by the Yeti when empty. Just not as much as before mod.

Total extra length is ~12" (~9" within the WS loop).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Noel V.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast