Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Forgive the intrusion into the convo, but it seems the OP is taking a little heat for bringing this here first instead of to Dutch. I'm pretty sure he only intended to get the collective opinion from the group like so many do on a host of other issues and didn't for a second think he was trashing Dutch or trying to make a fuss.

I would imagine that if this type of thing happened in the future, he would go there first, but i'd like to think we could openly discuss these issues here without our collective dander getting up.

Dutch is an absoloute proffesional and has already handled the issue and even tried to exceed the OP's satisfaction.

I for one am glad to hear about this kind of failure, and it doesn't at all affect my confidence in the product, just reminds me to be "aware" of my rigging.

Just my $.02.

Rick

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images

Indeed.

I meant no discourtesy to Dutch by posting here first.

My intention was to ensure that I was using the product correctly before I started complaining. If you read my posts I'm sure that that will come across quite clearly. I also posted that Dutch responded to my PM and has been quite helpful in remedying the issue. Indeed I intend to hang on my new Dutch Clips with confidence. I appreciate all the posts on how to hang them properly and reduce the stresses put on them, and am sure that Dutch builds them strong enough not to have to worry about it. One bad clip, doesn't make a bad product. I just happened to get lucky as it were.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    3 season yeti
    Suspension
    straps/whoopie sli
    Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post

My intention was to ensure that I was using the product correctly before I started complaining. If you read my posts I'm sure that that will come across quite clearly. I also posted that Dutch responded to my PM and has been quite helpful in remedying the issue. Indeed I intend to hang on my new Dutch Clips with confidence. I appreciate all the posts on how to hang them properly and reduce the stresses put on them, and am sure that Dutch builds them strong enough not to have to worry about it. One bad clip, doesn't make a bad product. I just happened to get lucky as it were.
    I am surprised usually the bad luck always happens to me. But im sure we all know that you meant no disrespect.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    None taken by this hanger.

I think the whole purpose of the forum is discuss problems, solutions and ideas about hammocking. I see it no different than someone saying "my hammock ripped" or "my whoopie slipped" or "I was cold using this guy's quilt".

"Stuff" happens.

Certainly doesn't mean we need to melt down our dutch clips.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Certainly doesn't mean we need to melt down our dutch clips.
    ...oops!

...jk!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Thanks for letting me know, will be careful with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredhiker View Post
    OK I know I am new to this form,BUT if you get an item at a store and it doesn't work or breaks right away don't you just take it back and get another one? As was said before thank god no one got hurt, so lets brush off the embarrassment and get some new ones and be done with this . I'm sure Dutch will take care of everything. Nothing is 100% perfect and foolproof.
    I would tell a friend .

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I might as well chime in. I am having the remains sent to me to check it out. I will look for stress and voids and test the hardness. Something Dant8ro said in pm is it broke at the retention hook. That is possible and the hook isn't suppose to take the weight. Maybe it got turned somehow. I have never had one get crooked at all and this is the first failure out of a very very field tested product. No one has reported one bending much less breaking. In addition I test each batch by picking up 1500 pounds. I have had a hard time breaking them because the webbing was always the weak spot. The only time I actually bent one was with tubular webbing and almost a ton. And then it bent open and wouldn't have dropped anyone

I don't think it is a right of passage to be dropped and it is the last thing I would want. If I thought that this was an inherent problem I would be the first to suggest to stop using them. I don't think that and will wait until I see the piece to really make an opinion. It is due to a lot of testing that I feel confident and stand behind my products.

Although the title of the thread is like fingernails over a chalkboard to me I would have posted it myself if he pm'd me first. Dant8ro is going out of his way to send me the piece and turned down a refund. He just wanted a good set of clips. Maybe there is an improvement that is needed or maybe a better method. Maybe the whole idea need thrown in the trash. At this point no one was hurt and I can only learn form it.

Thanks for those that gave me the benefit of the doubt. It takes trust to lie back and rely on a couple grams of aluminum to keep you from falling.

There is always the possibility that terrorist or cannibal sawed it half way through. He gets hammock envy.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo
    dantro8--please do post the video. Other than the tiny avatar, we don't know what you look like. Thanks

Dutch--you're an innovator, and even Alexander Graham Bell was shocked a couple times when he invented electricity. Keep the faith, man.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    There is always the possibility that terrorist or cannibal sawed it half way through. He gets hammock envy.
    It could happen.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast