Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I figure between the two of us we could outfit anyone in the national forest that weekend. Mostly you, b/c you're addicted...

If he does plan to come, we'll just ask what kind of kit he wants and base it on that.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I figure between the two of us we could outfit anyone in the national forest that weekend. Mostly you, b/c you're addicted...
    ...busted

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Had my first EMT class today and will have one next Saturday as well. I can probably show up Saturday afternoon, depending on how long instruction lasts. Today was only 7-9:30am, even though they told us it would be about 6 hrs.

Then I'll have to leave before noon on Sunday to be home in time for my son's driving skills test. We have to be in the car with him while he skids around the MasterDrive track in our car!! Gonna wear boxing gloves in case I'm tempted to punch my way out the back window.

But I HAVE to go camping at some point soon, and this weekend is the best chance for me even with these events.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    ORM TQ & WB UQ
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    I regret that I will not be available. Maybe someday I will not be on shift and be able to attend a Colorado function. Looking forward to the trip report and hoping it is a wonderful time!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I really wish I could join ya'll - I spent the night last night car camping in Sand Dunes, but we had the dogs along. And as anyone who was at the winter hang will tell you, our dogs don't do well in hammocks.

That means MrsMustardman got the hammock, and I got to share a tent with the dogs. That's some crap right there!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mustardman; 09-18-2010 at 22:15.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Without drifting too much, I had a super fantastic weekend! On accident, I ended-up hiking Raspberry Mtn. on Saturday. Veeerrrry easy hike up a mountain. Only a handful of slopes that are tiring and they're only a couple hundred yards each. Slow and steady gets you to the top with relative ease.

The bad news; the Aspens are already turning so they won't be around to see in all their splendor next weekend. The good news; I got to hike through them. Even got to see something I wouldn't have seen if I was a competent hiker. I became the 2nd person in 23 years to knock on some guy's front door and say "Can you tell me where I am?" I got lost as all heck! Still have no idea where I missed a turn coming down, but the dude's house was about 7 miles north of the trailhead. In my defense, it was a last minute decision. I literally drove past it Saturday while Genuine Draft was helping with the wolves (see later post in the Donating Member Section for video) and just decided, on a whim, to take a look. Horribly unprepared; no map, no gps, no compass. But, I did have a liter of water and a gas station sandwich, so I figured what the heck. Anyway, stumbled upon a place the locals call "The Meadows". Beautiful clearing, maybe 2 acres, totally surrounded by Aspens. Really nice place, better than the summit for sure.

Anyway, good trail to pay attention to when you're hiking it. I got lost in a happy hiker fog and karma took me to a good place, so it's allllll good.

Lots of hanging opportunities and a few established campsites with stone fire rings. However, there is (as of this weekend anyway) a burn ban in the forest, so campfires are pretty much out. The bulk of the Aspen groves are down low on the trail, after that they are sporadic. Views are so-so through-out, but there are some really nice views of Pikes Peak which looks like it's just 'right there'. Good trail to hike if you just want some exercise, but not one I'd probably write home about if we weren't planning something there. For a 'Hang' it's probably near ideal for it's ease and hanging opportunities. I say 'near' because I never saw any water, so it's carry in. Nice hike on a weekend morning, but not much beyond that.

I did take some video with my Flip camera and I'll get a video thrown together tomorrow when I put up the wolf video. But right now, I'm just too tired to be bothered with it.

The wolves were too cool for words.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    As promised, here is some video.

BTW, I hate my Flip camera! The stabilization feature is completely junk. Only time I don't get bouncy video is when I'm completely still; SUCKS! I ran out of battery power before I got to the top, but this should give an idea of the trail and a few sneaks at some purdy Aspens turning colors.

Trust nobody!

Wish I could make it, but I have a hot air balloon fest down in Colorado City. Have fun.
    AARN USA - North America Distributors

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Tarp
    Insulation
    Lynx Winter Full
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Man I just saw this post yesterday. My Wife and I are going to see Cavalia Friday night and then Tap Dogs on Saturday night; otherwise I would love to join you guys! That is the more refined side of me that my Wife brings out in me Maybe next time. You all have a fantastic weekend and report back on how it went, Regards
    Last edited by dontknowyet; 09-24-2010 at 09:10.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Let me know about that show, my girl has been talking about going too!

I'm trying like a madman to find somebody to watch the critters. Genuine Draft is off playing with wolves through the weekend, family is out of town, and the two other folks usually on the babysit list are gone too. Too many dang critters!
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast