DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

I'm hangin', I'm happy, I'm hooked......

How-Do Hangers,
    Shug here to send out a thankee for all the terrific info on this forum. Not totally new to hammock camping as I have an old Newelll camping hammock w/ bugnet and tarp with two half poles to hold the bugnet up and tight. Obsolete now at 5 1/2 lbs. but was always comfortable. Also has aluminum spreader poles.
    Well I have now made as of the last two weeks: a hammock (Just Jeffs design and a big thanks to him! for tons of great info), A black cat tarp( thankee Black Bishop), a down underquilt mainly using Dennis Klinskeys ideas from thru-hiker and and Hugry Howies quilt instructions. Mine is really stuffed with hearly 4 inches of loft as I live in Minnesota and plan on some cold, cold camping. i will post some pix as I did my UQ hook-up to hammock to suit my needs. I did add little bags 3x3 approx that attach to UQ to wrap all my shock cord into as i Wont tolerate floppy cords all over. I plan to also use the UQ as an extra when needed winter backpacking in conjunction w/ a sleeping bag. The little bags keep the cords off of me! I am a lightweight backpacker and go a lot solo so I am cold weather savvy.
    OK then, I made some snakeskins, an SPE and am goofing with a hammock sock. Made one, use it but in error I made it out of non-breathable nyylon so clammy wes the word. Oh well, fun practic. My stuff ain't perfect but it is strong and functional.
    Thanks for the addiction, at least it is positive!. I slept out last night w/ UQ, and SPE with 2 pads, temp 44o and my WM 20o bag as quilt. Was toasty and back did sweat. My UQ is meant for colder weather but you know how it is, ya' gotta "feel" the resultsof the efforts poste-haste! BTW, quilts, baffles and such are a bit of work but rewarding. Just Jeffs tips on down stuffing with vac as a life saver. Worked great as I harvested sweet down from two old parkas.
    I will close by saying that I have slept in hammock for at least 4 nights and could not have been more confortable. I am 49 years old and the ground is getting to me. Also,I love sitting up and stepping out. Wow. I will continue to enjoy the comfort and am looking forward to a solo trip on the Pow-Wow trail in the Boundy Waters here in MN in a week and a half. 27 mile look in country that is rugged and wonderful.
    Glad to have discovered this site and continue to share the knowledge and funupdates and pix. I promise to post pix as I fugure that out.
    Truly,
    Shug

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    How-Do Hangers,
    Shug here to send out a thankee for all the terrific info on this forum. Not totally new to hammock camping as I have an old Newelll camping hammock w/ bugnet and tarp with two half poles to hold the bugnet up and tight. Obsolete now at 5 1/2 lbs. but was always comfortable. Also has aluminum spreader poles.
    Well I have now made as of the last two weeks: a hammock (Just Jeffs design and a big thanks to him! for tons of great info), A black cat tarp( thankee Black Bishop), a down underquilt mainly using Dennis Klinskeys ideas from thru-hiker and and Hugry Howies quilt instructions. Mine is really stuffed with hearly 4 inches of loft as I live in Minnesota and plan on some cold, cold camping. i will post some pix as I did my UQ hook-up to hammock to suit my needs. I did add little bags 3x3 approx that attach to UQ to wrap all my shock cord into as i Wont tolerate floppy cords all over. I plan to also use the UQ as an extra when needed winter backpacking in conjunction w/ a sleeping bag. The little bags keep the cords off of me! I am a lightweight backpacker and go a lot solo so I am cold weather savvy.
    OK then, I made some snakeskins, an SPE and am goofing with a hammock sock. Made one, use it but in error I made it out of non-breathable nyylon so clammy wes the word. Oh well, fun practic. My stuff ain't perfect but it is strong and functional.
    Thanks for the addiction, at least it is positive!. I slept out last night w/ UQ, and SPE with 2 pads, temp 44o and my WM 20o bag as quilt. Was toasty and back did sweat. My UQ is meant for colder weather but you know how it is, ya' gotta "feel" the resultsof the efforts poste-haste! BTW, quilts, baffles and such are a bit of work but rewarding. Just Jeffs tips on down stuffing with vac as a life saver. Worked great as I harvested sweet down from two old parkas.
    I will close by saying that I have slept in hammock for at least 4 nights and could not have been more confortable. I am 49 years old and the ground is getting to me. Also,I love sitting up and stepping out. Wow. I will continue to enjoy the comfort and am looking forward to a solo trip on the Pow-Wow trail in the Boundy Waters here in MN in a week and a half. 27 mile look in country that is rugged and wonderful.
    Glad to have discovered this site and continue to share the knowledge and funupdates and pix. I promise to post pix as I fugure that out.
    Truly,
    Shug

welcome to hammock forums and to the wonderful world of sleeping on a cloud. neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    May you never sleep on the ground again. Welcome!

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

A try at a photo

Here is a first photo go....
    Shug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    The gallery here will let you load/host larger photos if you want rather than just thumbs.
    So many projects, So little time....

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

one mo' better go at the pix thang!

Homemade SPE.
    Shug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Got pix on gallery

Thanks for the tip. I got 'em on the gallery. Fun to figure out this forum biz!
    Best,
    Shug

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Wow. Way to make an entrance to the forums. That's some nice looking gear you got there. Welcome.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the welcome to all....
    Shug

Images
    Nice stuff... Pretty darn good for two weeks work!
    So many projects, So little time....