Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Two ideas
    - Sew a dart in the netting to keep it tight. You can always rip the seam later if you don't like it.
    - Or replace the HH ridgeline with an adjustable one. No need for two ridgelines if one isn't working!
    I agree, and that's probably my next step. But until I do, the problem is completely solved for the weight of a few feet of line.

Most folks may not even have the net problem to the degree that I do, because I have decided I prefer not pulling my suspension all that tight, for one thing. And I suspect that my netting might be a little looser than average for reasons previously stated. So this loose net problem may not be a major factor for most folks, especially since most pull their hammocks good and tight, using buckles and hitches that make tightening very easy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dubs View Post
    This is something I might have to try. I mentioned in an earlier post about losing my 'diagonal' on a recent trip. I really pulled my HH tight when I first hung it up. I'm going to have to relax that tension and see if I get a better lay with my SS in place. I'm 'tree-challenged' here and will have to find someplace to experiment.

Thanks for the tips.

Tom

You are welcome, hope it helps you as it did me. That's one thing nice about the hitchcraft(on the foot end), even more so than my buckles (on the head end). The HC made experimenting with tightening a quarter to 1/2 inch at a time EXTREMELY fast and easy.