Thread: New Hammocker

Images

New Hammocker

I've been getting my mom into hammocking, and last week we went to Land Between the Lakes to camp. We planned on being there Wed-Sun, but the weater sent us home Friday. So then I went to Neo's hangout, and most of the people there got to meet my mom.

Anyhoo.. Our first night at LBL we got there around 10 pm, and set up in the rain. My mom was in a hurry to get in her hammock, and sat too far back. Set sat in the hammock and flipped over onto the ground. The bad part was it was a mosquito hammock with an attacted net, so the was trapped hanging upside down in the net. She could not move, and I couldn't pull her up. I tried removing the hammock from the tree, but half of her body was still wrapped around the hammock, so I couldn't get it loose. We were also laughing too hard to put too much effort into releasing her. I told her I was gonna get some rope from the car and try to use it to take pressure off the suspension so I could release it.

Being the good son I am I got a camera instead..

We eventually had to rip the bugnet to get her out. Oh well, now she has a netless hammock. So, now that she had been dumped by a hammock, she is now officially a hammocker.

Hammock
    HH HLB & AR
    Tarp
    Hammockgear cuben
    Insulation
    MYOG down quilt
    Images
    Mom: Thanks for the chuckle at your expense! Hope you gave that boy a good talkin to for breaking out the camera before breaking you out of the nylon and mesh enclosure.

Cerberus: How cool to have such a good sport for a mom! And, don't tell her, but I'm awfully glad you went for the camera!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xirebos View Post
    Mom: Thanks for the chuckle at your expense! Hope you gave that boy a good talkin to for breaking out the camera before breaking you out of the nylon and mesh enclosure.

Cerberus: How cool to have such a good sport for a mom! And, don't tell her, but I'm awfully glad you went for the camera!
    She actually has one of the pics as her desktop background on her personal pc and her pc at work. We figure without events like that the entire trip could fade in our memory. That one incident will make the entire trip memorable for a long time. Plus the pictures of her humiliation are plastered on the net now, so it can't be forgotten. I'm a good son that way.

• + New Posts