Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders

Lightbulb Traveler and net Photos?

I just received my WBBB today and I definitely have some mixed feelings about it
    That being said I was also looking at the Traveler/Net combo and realized that there is not too much info out there on using the two together. I was curious if anyone can either post photos of their combo or point me in the direction of some videos on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by slvravn View Post
    I just received my WBBB today and I definitely have some mixed feelings about it
    That being said I was also looking at the Traveler/Net combo and realized that there is not too much info out there on using the two together. I was curious if anyone can either post photos of their combo or point me in the direction of some videos on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    I'm curious what issues you have with your WBBB?

I'm not debating your mixed feelings, I'm just curious as a new owner of a WBBB.

i'm also interested to hear what issues you have with the black bird. i owned an ENO DN and bug net first, and for a camping trip i think i'd rather the BB.

you're right, though. other than what's on the WB web page, i don't see much discussion or material about the traveler and bug net.

out of curiosity, what specific questions do you have?

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    I'm curious what issues you have with your WBBB?

I'm not debating your mixed feelings, I'm just curious as a new owner of a WBBB.
    Lonley - I saw your posts about the getting the lay right and I am having some of those same issue, but I figure that they will get better the more I practice setting up and tweaking the suspension settings.

My real issue has more to do with personal preference than a "flaw" with the BB. I happen to like a lot of airflow and with the way the BB is designed the shelf side tends to block a good deal of cross ventilation as it is a wall of fabric. I was looking at the Traveler/Net combo as a more "open" option. I definitely need more time in it before making a decision, but that is my first impression.

Nine - As far as specific question about the combo I am curious if if actually does have more breathability (sp?) than the BB. Also I wanted to see how easy it was to get in ond out of with the netting and if the netting presented any other problem.

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by slvravn View Post

My real issue has more to do with personal preference than a "flaw" with the BB. I happen to like a lot of airflow and with the way the BB is designed the shelf side tends to block a good deal of cross ventilation as it is a wall of fabric. I was looking at the Traveler/Net combo as a more "open" option. I definitely need more time in it before making a decision, but that is my first impression.
    Oh, I didn't figure it was a flaw so much as a preference like you said.

I noticed the first night I hung my WBBB, that the netting really doesn't allow a breeze through. There is a noticeable difference when it's unzipped, even a little bit. So I see what you're saying.

I'm still working on getting the hang right. In fact, I'm going to string it up in a few minutes and see what I can do with it. Maybe get a full night in it!

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    Oh, I didn't figure it was a flaw so much as a preference like you said.

I noticed the first night I hung my WBBB, that the netting really doesn't allow a breeze through. There is a noticeable difference when it's unzipped, even a little bit. So I see what you're saying.

I'm still working on getting the hang right. In fact, I'm going to string it up in a few minutes and see what I can do with it. Maybe get a full night in it!
    I also wanted to see if anyone had any photos of them in the traveler/net combo to see how the fit is in it.

Have fun sleeping out tonight

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I have a DIY hammock but got the bug net from warbonnet and noseeum doesn't let much breeze through in that either, so I wouldn't expect to see a major difference there. One thing I do really like with my bug net is that when its really hot out I can just throw my sleeping bag over the side and it's held off the ground by the bug net, almost like a built in gear hammock. my 2¢
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    I have a DIY hammock but got the bug net from warbonnet and noseeum doesn't let much breeze through in that either, so I wouldn't expect to see a major difference there. One thing I do really like with my bug net is that when its really hot out I can just throw my sleeping bag over the side and it's held off the ground by the bug net, almost like a built in gear hammock. my 2¢
    Red - That is a good tip with the bugnet. I would think that even though the noseeum restricts airflow it would have to be better than the wall of 1.1 on the hammock.

I think I remember reading that angrysparrow has this type of setup so I maybe he will chime in too.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Yep...I have that combo. In fact, I have a couple of hundred nights spent between my two Traveler hammocks. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I did a review of the Traveler net here, with pics. Since then, Brandon has updated the design of the net to have an arched zipper and has tweaked the dimensions slightly. Entry/exit is a little easier, but the interior space is the same.

If you're looking for specific answers or pics that aren't covered in that review, I'm happy to help.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dream Weaver!
    Tarp
    Blue
    Insulation
    Pad + Bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    If you're one of those claustrophobic hammock sleepers, then the traveler and net is for you. Having used both Blackbird and Traveler+Net, I now only own a Traveler+Net and have never been happier.

Ease of entry/exit is the same in both, the big advantage is the traveler net can be stuff into the stuff sack that the hammock comes in to have a totally open hammock, and then simply slid back over the hammock when it's time for sleeping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast