Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Even though I'm not a big fan of the DN...

...I still use one. Even in Gunner's nice photos above, I find with too much fabric for my taste (I also have to put my arms behind my head just to keep it out of my face, and of course, diagnonal lies are mandatory in a hammock--seems not to help much in a DN). Something about the extra fabric is way up on the sides, i.e. the gathered end curves it way up so it becomes hard to manage. If the extra fabric were flatter (for instance in a wide spreader bar type hammock), it'd be very manageable and useful. That's my idea of it, owning both DN and SN.

That said, I do use it for certain circumstances. Here's Mrs. Coolkayaker1 reading cross-wise on an ENo DN this summer--we take bicycle-built-for-two rides (aka tandem Trek aluminum) all summer in Chicagoland and find a good hang here and there, even in the parks. (P.S. Yep, those are good old Slap Strap Pros. The stretchy thangs!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    ENO double
    Suspension
    Whoopie&TreeStraps
    Images
    I've had my eno double for about 8 months. It was my first. i bought it for packability and ease of use. Although i would not take it camping. It is just not the right combination of systems IMO. A side note, set up an ENO and/or an HH or other bugnet attached style hammock and see which one attracts more police attention. People do think you are a hobo camping out in nice scenic spots. In the ENO that is less of an issue.

I say less because i have had police called on me before for reading in a park near my house in broad daylight. Person thought i was setting up a tent. Its a day hike use only fo rme. Campus, home, travels. No overnights.

Things I hate:
    Stock Carabiners....Should have an option to ship sans 'biners
    Suspension (never bought but is terrible)

Mods:
    Whoopie Slings coming in the mail soon.
    SRL of paracord

Other than that it fits my current needs just find.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I love my DN, of couse I have compared it to nothing. The kids like it also!

Tbull

Hammock
    DIY Lazy Ryvr Bridge, Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Hard Rock Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Karo UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Love my ENO DN only complaints besides the obvious would be the floppy sides. (easily remedied with some tie outs) and the fact the material is not ripstop. Somehow I just feel safer in ripstop .
    When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret known to those of the Uncarved Block: Life is Fun.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    No hammock is "right" for everyone, thats why we have different styles to choose from.

While I love my ENO DN, I would rather camp out in my BB. I also have a Grand Trunk Double Parachute that I use ( I do find the ENO fabric is a bit more confortable that the Grand Trunk ). I agree the stock suspension on the ENO (and Grand Trunk) is a waste and I removed it and changed it out with Amsteel and Ultra Light Chich Buckles from Arrowhead, polyester straps from Strapworks and Dutch Clips.

Of course what ever hammock is set up, my wife or sons will get in (I think they do it just so I have to set up another hammock)
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

I started on a cheapo grand trunk ultrilight for 20 bucks from sportsmans guide, that started all of this actually. After getting my own (After highjacking my hiking buddies ona dayhike) and doing a few overights with it, I found I need a huge test. I don't just lay there when I sleep, I toss and turn and fuss. One night just rolling over onto my side I heard my Grand Trunk start to rip, just for a second, probablymore stretching than anything but needless to say, it's hard to sleep worrying about falling.

The doublenest took all that worry away for me. I like that I can give it hell while I'm sleeping and it never makes a sound. Love the parachute material, the feel definitely makes you believe the 400lb test rating and I love the extra fabric so I can use it more like a recliner during the day and not have to take my shoes on and off getting all the way in.

I'm not %100 sold on whoopies since I haven't seen them in use in person and hangin myself with suspension looped over a couple knots makes me nervous, so I got some climbing grade aluminum 'beeners but I also planned on using them for reppelling as well so they serve more than one purposefor me.

In fact, I was considering getting another just to have for whoever decides to brave the wilds with me when I go out. My grand trunks have always been a hit, when they get in the DN, it's all over.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    When I first started looking into hammock camping, I decided to purchase an ENO one link system with a doublenest hammock, mostly because it was complete setup but with separate components and packed down really well. Weight was never an issue since I'm only ever going to be carrying it from the car to the kayak.

I'm not heavy and have had no issues with stretching slapstraps. I do have whoopie slings that have not been put to use yet though.

I don't anything to compare it to, but I'm very happy with it.

Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I own 5 or 6 hammocks and out of all of them, my ENO is the most comfortable. I don't know why, but it just is.
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I like my ENO DN, but since it does not have double skin, like my WBBB, it's hard to sleep with a pad of some sort. It is quite comfortable and with a underquilt and a bug net of some sort works very well.

I have the double Nest, its great for lounging but I dont use it for camping

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast