G’day all
I’ve been lurking here for a while without posting so I thought it was about time to introduce myself.
I spend my summers out and about working and camping in the Western Australian countryside. Up until last summer I used a swag for sleeping, then thanks to the BushcraftUK forum I discovered the idea of hammock camping and bought a DD Frontline hammock. The swag had always been an improvement over a tent and sleeping mat but once I had tried the hammock the ol’ swag stayed home. I’d had some issues with cold from below so used a poncho liner to make an UQ and have replaced the webbing that came with the hammock with climbing tape. Then thanks largely to Shug’s videos I discovered THE forum for hammocks. I wish I’d know about it before. I’ve since made myself a set of whoopee slings and have the fabric to make my daughter a hammock. She’d seen the Dora one someone on here had made and wanted one just like it but I’m afraid she’ll just have to settle for a purple one. After that I’m going to have to fix my UQ as it could do with some refinement. I must ignore all the good things people say about bought UQ’s such as Stormcrow’s to avoid temptation. Hopefully I’ll be off with my daughter on a trip in the next month and I’ll post pics when I do. In the mean time I’ve included a pic of my old setup which looking at it now seems a pretty primitive setup.

Thanks to all for the excellent information. Keep up the good work.

Cogola