Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Obviously, since I don't have my WBBB yet, I have not laid in it, but the general consensus on this forum from what I've read is that the WBBB provides a flatter lay. With that being said, I was able to lay somewhat diagonal in the NX-250 and could tell a noticeable difference. I am 6' and had tons of room on the foot and head end both. I only had about 10 minutes, so I didn't have a lot of time to try various positions hanging or laying.

From what I've read, the NX-250 does have quite a bit more room than the other models Clark offers. Some of that may be perceived room from the spreader poles.

Bravo! Brilliant. Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by mak52580 View Post
    Having been a former NX 250 owner and switched to the WBBB the reason that I can say is that the Clark's are outrageously overpriced compared to pretty much all other hammocks on the market. As such, the resale value on an NX 250 will likely be far less than the 12% you are hoping for. They are nice hammocks, but they are just hard to justify with so many other options out there and the price.

They depreciate pretty quickly once resold. YMMV and good luck getting what you're asking, but my experience (and other Clarks that I have seen sold on here) is that you won't be getting back nearly what you put into it. If it were my call and I had to do it over again, I'd just take the 12% hit. Good luck!

Oh yeah - and I can say that I definitely prefer the WBBB over the 250 any day of the week. The WeatherShield is nice, but with a Bear Burrito Oven from AHE, you essentially get the same concept on a WBBB for less money and more comfort.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

98% convinced...

that I want the WBBB Double Layer 1.7oz with the strap system. Love the Clark but it would still need an UQ and the lay seems less a-sym flat than the WBBB. All in all when all is said and done the price will be similar for a well insulated WBBB and workable strap system compared to an uninsulated NX-250 with a poor rope system (if I read the posts right). Thanks y'all, I'll be over at the HF WBBB section... acronyms correct I hope.

Now to clean the house, do laundry, thaw out something for dinner, and work on my 'husband will die without a WBBB' look.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    work on my 'husband will die without a WBBB' look.
    It's a look that many of us have had at one point or another. Don't worry, the day will eventually come. Let us know how it works out for you. And if you still want the extra couple degrees or warmth and wind protection that the Clark WeatherShield provides then make sure you get the Bear Burrito Oven. It's worth every penny and they make them for lefty and righty footboxes, whichever you go with. Good luck!

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HGWinter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Mak, How many nights did you spend in the Clark? I remember reading your posts on here about it after you got it.

I have to say that I love my NX-250. I'm a cold sleeper and the weathershield is a massive bonus. Yes you could get a burrito from Paul for a WBB, and I'd like to give one a try (a friend over here has just ordered a WBB so I'm interested in taking a look at it). With my Clark I ordered the XL tarp which I've used in very heavy winds and rain, and it's fine, well made and very light. However, now I have a reasonable amount of experience and know what I want, one of those things is a larger tarp but I couldn't find one on the market that I liked and that I think would be good for UK weather so am in the process of making one.

The clark took me a good few nights to get right in terms of hanging angle etc, but now I know exactly the way I want it to hang and it's incredibly comfortable. I wouldn't rule out having another brand of hammock, not at all but there are lots of things about the 250 that I really like, most notably it's warmth. When it's very windy having the shield zipped up is fantastic. You can lie there in the strongest wind reading a book etc and be as cozy as anything.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Mak, How many nights did you spend in the Clark? I remember reading your posts on here about it after you got it.

I have to say that I love my NX-250. I'm a cold sleeper and the weathershield is a massive bonus. Yes you could get a burrito from Paul for a WBB, and I'd like to give one a try (a friend over here has just ordered a WBB so I'm interested in taking a look at it). With my Clark I ordered the XL tarp which I've used in very heavy winds and rain, and it's fine, well made and very light. However, now I have a reasonable amount of experience and know what I want, one of those things is a larger tarp but I couldn't find one on the market that I liked and that I think would be good for UK weather so am in the process of making one.

The clark took me a good few nights to get right in terms of hanging angle etc, but now I know exactly the way I want it to hang and it's incredibly comfortable. I wouldn't rule out having another brand of hammock, not at all but there are lots of things about the 250 that I really like, most notably it's warmth. When it's very windy having the shield zipped up is fantastic. You can lie there in the strongest wind reading a book etc and be as cozy as anything.
    Amen Brother! I'm the one that bought Mak's NX 250 and have not regretted it one bit. Mostly I like the pockets, the weathershield and the spreader hoops. The only negative is the weight...it ain't light. I have considered buying a light weight hammock such as a 1.1 BB for summer, but since buying the Aarn New balance, carrying the extra lb or two hasn't been noticeable.

I LOVE my NX 250.

Miguel

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123