Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well I guess I should update you all on what I ended up getting:

I picked up the Jacks 'R Better Tri-Glides, Warbonnet Bug Net, and Maccat Silnylon Deluxe.

I've got a trip coming up to Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas over Memorial Day weekend, so that will be my first outing with the new setup. I'll try to remember to take pics.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhat View Post
    Well I guess I should update you all on what I ended up getting:

I picked up the Jacks 'R Better Tri-Glides, Warbonnet Bug Net, and Maccat Silnylon Deluxe.

I've got a trip coming up to Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas over Memorial Day weekend, so that will be my first outing with the new setup. I'll try to remember to take pics.
    Sounds like you are set up. Not to make you go out and buy more gear but do you have insulation? You might find even in warmer temps your back can get cold and likely will at night.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Sounds like you are set up. Not to make you go out and buy more gear but do you have insulation? You might find even in warmer temps your back can get cold and likely will at night.
    For now I'm going to be using my BA Insulated Air Core. I know it's not ideal, but since I just dropped the money on the tarp and bug net, I need to wait a little while before I drop any more money on better insulation. I'll probably start setting some cash aside when I can for an UQ. But for my upcoming trip, I doubt I will need anything warmer than the IAC, and it might even be too hot. I did the same trail last year during the same time of year, and it was definitely pretty warm during the nights.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhat View Post
    You won't be the only hanger there Mem. weekend I can assure you that. In fact, I did the loop entire loop in an overnight trip last Memorial Day weekend and that was ultimately what convinced me to consider the hammock... especially when I'm flyin solo.

You likely won't need the insulation for Mem. weekend. It's typically pretty humid (as you're prob familiar with in Houston) and temps were 85/68F. Everyone requires different set up tho.

Just a caution, if you plan on doing the Little Missouri trail, be prepared to get wet. Unless you know your way around, you'll have several (8 if I can remember correctly) deep river crossings. Haven't been there this year yet, but Arkansas has been hit with storm after storm... seems like every bullet we dodged in DFW nailed them.

I've got an adventure race this year that weekend, otherwise I'd be there. Have an awesome trip!

Quote Originally Posted by eddieruko View Post
    You won't be the only hanger there Mem. weekend I can assure you that. In fact, I did the loop entire loop in an overnight trip last Memorial Day weekend and that was ultimately what convinced me to consider the hammock... especially when I'm flyin solo.

You likely won't need the insulation for Mem. weekend. It's typically pretty humid (as you're prob familiar with in Houston) and temps were 85/68F. Everyone requires different set up tho.

Just a caution, if you plan on doing the Little Missouri trail, be prepared to get wet. Unless you know your way around, you'll have several (8 if I can remember correctly) deep river crossings. Haven't been there this year yet, but Arkansas has been hit with storm after storm... seems like every bullet we dodged in DFW nailed them.

I've got an adventure race this year that weekend, otherwise I'd be there. Have an awesome trip!

I actually did the trail last Memorial Day as well, so I'm well aware of the river crossings. There's a group of 8 of us going on this trip, and half of the group are hangers so it should be a fun time, although we might be fighting over trees . Haha, I doubt that will be a problem since it's so wooded there.

Also, I ordered my tarp and bugnet at the beginning of this month and haven't received a shipment notice yet. Does anyone have any experience ordering from Warbonnet or OES? I sure hope I get everything before the trip.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123