Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I believe i got this method from Hawk-eye.
    A pair of chain links from AHE (continous loops of amsteel) larks-headed to the hammock to a Dutch Biner.
    Ridgeline connects to the Dutch Biner - this raises the ridgeline height nicely.
    Whoopie slings from Biner to tree straps.

I couldn't be happier with this setup, I suspect I doubled my hammocks comfort!
    Ozzy, is that a fixed length ridge line or an adjustable?
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBBB,Skeeter Beater
    Tarp
    MacCat Std in sil
    Insulation
    New & Lost River
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    This is an adjustable ridgeline I made myself. With the how-to videos and pics made available on this site its easy as pie!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Ozzy, do you have any more pictures you could post? Specifically, I would like to see where/how you attach your mosquito net pull outs. Have a SB Pro on the way and would like to see what I am up against....
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBBB,Skeeter Beater
    Tarp
    MacCat Std in sil
    Insulation
    New & Lost River
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Hey Buffalo Soldier, I think you made a good choice with the SB Pro.
    After perusing my photos I don't have any that are as helpful as Te-wa's. Search "skeeter beeter mods and pics". He has a better system than what I have done so far.
    I normally run the supplied shock cord through the sewn in elastic loops on the netting and attach each end just above my tree straps. A few minutes of searching the area always results in two lightweight sticks I use as spreader bars between the elastic loops.
    Some have suggested running the ridgeline THROUGH the netting but I choose not to as I love flipping the hammock over and going net-free. Being from Florida net-free may not be an option for you, making this a viable approach.
    Enjoy!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Excellent. Those last two are exactly what I was looking for. And I must say, that is exactly how I had envisioned handling the netting.

Actually, where I am is not necessarily so bad. Our climate is cool enough from November through March that we get nights below freezing and days in the 50s, so bugs during that time are low at best. We do much of our backpacking around here in the winter, as dragging a pack of any weight in weather in the 80s+ and humidity over 90% is just plain miserable. But I do camp year round. Aferage summer nights are about 78-80, so the coolness of the hammock is a blessing. That is when I need netting.

Can't wait to get this rigged and try flipping it over. I think I can rig the netting supports to be easily removable.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of how to hang the netting on the Grand Trunk SB or Pro? Here are the original pics Ozzy referred to:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4669

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Ataching a ridgeline to suspension with a Prusick

OK, now another question. I just finished my whoopie slings, and I finished a adjustable ridgeline/whoopie. If I am trying to get this a little higher above the hammock, can I attach it to the whoopie with a Prusick knot on either end? Will this be secure enought for a ridge line? Will is compromise the rest of my suspension in any way?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12