DreamHammock Sparrow Symmetrical
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images
    welcome to the forum solobear from another "new to the whole hammocking thing"

BTW am still waiting for my WBBB double layer 1.7 to show up.

Good Luck with your decisions and make sure you enjoy the journey

ShroominDave

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by solobear View Post
    Long story short, as long as I can work out the issue of waking up with hyper extended knees (hurts like hell that!!) but I'm hooked.
    Had the exact same problem my first (horrendous) go-round! Turns out I was sleeping along the center-line (right down the middle) instead of at a diagonal (feet on one side of the center-line, head on the other). As Poppabear mentioned, sleeping on a diagonal will get you a flatter lie (which, for me, is great news because I am not a back sleeper--more of a side/stomach guy).

Nice to have you here, and good luck sifting--it's half the fun!
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter
    Tarp
    DIY-needs doors
    Insulation
    CC foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thanks..

Loving all the advice so far guys...as was said, the voyage is mine...but I'm ~REALLY~ enjoying the trip~~ I've had so much fun with this, I'm finding myself grinning at the oddest of moments..(it kinda scares the crap out of my co-workers) when I drop another piece of the "perfect setup puzzle" into place in my mind...don't worry, I am quick to reassure my co-workers that the grin has nothing to do with them...

I'm also enjoying the transition from former Light Infantry Grunt to microlight hanger...although my inner engineer is still occasionally indulged, through the small bits of over building some equipment....tons of fun so far.

SB

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY-needs doors
    Insulation
    CC foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Had the exact same problem my first (horrendous) go-round! Turns out I was sleeping along the center-line (right down the middle) instead of at a diagonal (feet on one side of the center-line, head on the other). As Poppabear mentioned, sleeping on a diagonal will get you a flatter lie (which, for me, is great news because I am not a back sleeper--more of a side/stomach guy).

Nice to have you here, and good luck sifting--it's half the fun!
    True, I was sleeping on the center line...won't do that again. It was only after the fact that I "discovered" several issues leading to the discomforts of my fist try...one of which was the whole center line thing, the other is that paracord is not the suspension system of choice. Getting up to restretch the "bear burrito" in the middle of the night was the cause of a couple of "light bulbs" right before getting back to sleep (which in my case happens as soon as I'm horizontal)

SB

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by solobear View Post
    It was only after the fact that I "discovered" several issues leading to the discomforts of my fist try...one of which was the whole center line thing, the other is that paracord is not the suspension system of choice.
    Ha! The whole paracord thing was a heart-breaker for me. I love the stuff and always have some on hand. Paracord and duct tape were the answer to any problem life threw my way, and then I find out it is worthless as a suspension system. Oh well, I suppose I can still try to hang a hammock with duct tape
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY-needs doors
    Insulation
    CC foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Ha! The whole paracord thing was a heart-breaker for me. I love the stuff and always have some on hand. Paracord and duct tape were the answer to any problem life threw my way, and then I find out it is worthless as a suspension system. Oh well, I suppose I can still try to hang a hammock with duct tape
    Yeah...as a former grunt and being Airborne qualified, paracord was (and still is) all that and a bag of chips...but definitely right...a non starter as a suspension system...live and learn I guess

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY-needs doors
    Insulation
    CC foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies

shroomin'

Quote Originally Posted by ShroominDave View Post
    welcome to the forum solobear from another "new to the whole hammocking thing"

BTW am still waiting for my WBBB double layer 1.7 to show up.

Good Luck with your decisions and make sure you enjoy the journey

ShroominDave

Thanks.

I also like to do as much foraging as I can out in the woods too...I'd love to speak with you at length about identifying 'shrooms that can supplement the food that I can ID...I've avoided the whole fungus food group to this point due to lack of knowledge...not interested in getting sick or worse...but I'd like to change that.

SB

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12