Thought I'd stop in and say hello. When I say "noob", I mean it. Not only do I not have my first hammock yet, I've never actually even seen a camping hammock in person!
I came across this forum while checking out a few hammock related threads and links on Bushcraft UK. I had always wanted to try out a HH, just from seeing them on the bushcraft, and other forums I frequent. Then I followed a few links over the past few weeks and discovered there was a LOT more out there than just Hennessy.

Like every noob should, I checked out all of the videos I could find online (thanks to Shug!!) and I am hooked.

Who am I? I'm Jimmy the Jet on most of the other places I hang out on the web. Been a Mountie for a decade, and live in Canada's Northwest Territories these days, although that's fixin' to change this year. The RCMP keeps a guy moving, that's for sure!

Never been much of a "ultralight" hiker, really. Nice in theory, but I have not quite embraced it yet... My pack is usually too heavy for most folks' liking at 40-55 lbs, but I'm not 25 anymore, and the prospect of lightening the load is starting to appeal. Thing is, I don't mind some weight if it means I'll have a more comfortable trip. Smoothing it over roughing it.
Plus I am a gear fanatic, and that gets heavy..

So I'm dying to try a hammock set up, mostly for the professed comfort they offer, but the light weight will be a nice value-added bonus.

I'll try and avoid the annoying questions like, "which is better...?", but will have a lot of others to ask. Please be gentle!!