Anyone have a HH Ultralight Backpacker?

I decided to take the plunge into getting a HH, and decided on the ULB, due to the fact thats its light weight (and rather cheep compared to the heavier expeditions), but still stronger 1.9 oz ripstop.

Does anyone have or know someone who is selling a ULB? I would not mind it having the stock supports or tarps. And willing to ship it up to New York.

Also, snake skins, (any size, fitting at least the hammock) would be nice too.

I believe if i dont get the promo free hex tarp, I can get it shipped for about $101.

Skar, if you don't plan to use the stock fly, Hennessy will sell you a hammock without the fly for $50 less. HH Backpacker UL's turn up on ebay all the time, if you are not in a hurry you might find a good deal. If you use their automatic search function you'll get an email everytime one turns up on ebay so you can bid on it.

as weird as I sound, i think that the stock tarp is actually nice. of the ULB, its silnylon, and it covers the hammock, and looks like it fits with about a foot of room to spare on all sides. that is more then enough for me.

Currently, HH is including the P/U hex tarp and a t-shirt with every hammock. I was hoping that if i decline the two gifts, if that could bring the price down about $78. Only if that includes the stock tarp too. otherwise, I would suck it up and keep the hex tarp.

is the HH hex tarp about the same as a a maccat?

Quote Originally Posted by skar578 View Post
    as weird as I sound, i think that the stock tarp is actually nice. of the ULB, its silnylon, and it covers the hammock, and looks like it fits with about a foot of room to spare on all sides. that is more then enough for me.

Currently, HH is including the P/U hex tarp and a t-shirt with every hammock. I was hoping that if i decline the two gifts, if that could bring the price down about $78. Only if that includes the stock tarp too. otherwise, I would suck it up and keep the hex tarp.

is the HH hex tarp about the same as a a maccat?
    if you don't want the hex tarp i might trade ya for my barely used stock one and maybe toss in a few bucks.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The HH Hex isn't much like the MacCat - no cat curves and not silnylon are the important differences. It's still a decent tarp with good quality, especially if it's free! I've never heard anyone complain about them...they just don't rave about them like people do with the MacCats.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

io meant is it about the same size. i could add cat cuts if i kept the tarp. and

btw, i could always improve my shooting skills, how many bucks did you say?

Quote Originally Posted by skar578 View Post
    io meant is it about the same size. i could add cat cuts if i kept the tarp. and

btw, i could always improve my shooting skills, how many bucks did you say?
    not sure - have to think about it since i have a bundle of fabric coming my way and plan to make a cat tarp from some of it.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can compare the ridgeline lengths and tarp widths at their websites...depends on which models you're looking at. You could easily add cat cuts to the HH.

www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com
    www.hennessyhammocks.com
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

alright, I am leaning towards deducting the price off my total, or keeping it if I have to order it.

If I could get the ULB for $139, should I, or hold off. (If I can decline the shirt and hex tarp, should total $61 w/ free shipping)

• + New Posts