Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

How to fix a Washington 3 to HH Explorer?

Hello all,

I just received my Washington 3 underquilt. Yeehaw! That is one nicely made piece of kit!

My question is how to fix it to the hammock properly. The center line running out with the mini biner is obvious. The side pull adjusters with line locks not so much. The photos on the site do show them running up towards the gathered end, but are not too precise i how they are fitted.

I hope to get a weekend in next weekend. Some car camping (actually motorcycle) in down at Larabee State Park near Bellingham, WA. Looking at overnight temps in the high 30's low 40's. I would like to have the fitting sorted out in my head first. Are there any extras I should pick up to make fitting easier?

Thanks in advance!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Got it sorted. I found the suspension lines (they were buried in other stuff). Look forward to trying this out this weekend.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Got it sorted. I found the suspension lines (they were buried in other stuff). Look forward to trying this out this weekend.
    Ha! I was just about to respond with: is there no suspension? That would be tough without one! My MW4 is the Cat's Meow, though I use it mostly with my JRB BH, which is the closest thing I have seen to a custom fit. However, I have used it quite successfully with a WBBB and some other hammocks. Definitely takes a bit more initial fiddling around, especially on the foot end, but quite doable. Just make sure it is snug against your back. I think you will love it. What is it rated for, ~15-20F?

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well, I used it this weekend. The UQ fit the Explorer like a glove, and oh was it toasty warm. The weather was foul Thursday night, with temps down to about 5, wind, and a hella lot of rain. With the Washington 3, my 0 deg C sleeping bag draped over me like a quilt, and my Bivvy Wear (oh, I wish they were still in business, they made such awesome clothing) jacket I was snug as a bug in a rug.

Thanks JacksRBetter for a great product. I can foresee years of use out of this UQ.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Oxblood,

Glad that you found the suspension set....And, more importantly that you enjoyed a warm, comfortable, hassle free hanging in that big HH Explorer.

You are welcome.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Pan,

Many thanks. I cannot speak highly enough about your product. Just at a glance you can tell it is well made, and it certainly worked very well. It was as if the UQ was made to order for the Explorer.

If any one ever has a question about how well the Washington works, please feel free to refer them to me for a testimonial.

Kai

• + New Posts