Thread: Ordering issues

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Go Lite/3S Incu

Ordering issues

Has anyone else experienced any problems ordering from Hammockgear.com? I use FireFox as a web browser and whenever I try to place an order I get a warning message. It says "This Connection Is Untrusted" "This site attempts to identify itself with invalid information". I can over ride this message but want to make sure it is safe first. I guess I will run my anti-virus to make sure it is not something on my computer that is tampering with my connection. I would try to contact Adam directly but I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent about a week ago. I don't want to pester the poor guy with more questions. I am sure he is overwhelmed with orders right now.

Hammock
    Dangerbird or WBBB
    Tarp
    4 s Cuben Z-packs
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Some of everything
    Images
    I had the same issue. I got past the message then sent Adam a pm here to ask another question. Everything seemed alright.
    Experts are the ones who think they know everything. Geniuses are the ones who know they don't.

You need seek no rocky summit, for these high places are within you.

I run Firefox as well but I didn't have this problem with either of my order's! Send him another email, might not have gotten the first, as he has responded within a day or two to all the emails I sent him! Adam's a very understanding guy explain the situation and I'm sure he will be more than pleased to help you!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I ordered from him the first time and never got that message. This last time i ordered it gave me that message as well.. Just give him a PM on what you want and tell him to send you a PayPal request/invoice.

Colton

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I ordered a week ago and got that message as well. I just over-rode the message and placed the order. I got a PM from Jenny shortly thereafter letting me know they had received the order.

Now for the wait...
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Go Lite/3S Incu
    Well it's good to know it isn't a problem on my end. He just has a certificate that FireFox doesn't recognize. As far as the email, he never responded to the one I sent a week ago and then a few days later I sent him a PM here and no response. I think he is just super busy right now with orders.

Thanks for the responses

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    I'm no IT guy but there may be issues with his previous website 'redirecting' traffic to his current site and the certs. involved.

Any techies listening?
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

"This Connection Is Untrusted"

"This Connection Is Untrusted"-- look, if Firefox says not to trust Adam, then I'd listen to Firefox. I mean really, Firefox knows more than we ever will. And it's pretty clear to me that it's what it's telling you.

That said, I ordered his highest priced winter UQ ten days ago--so I never listen to what browsers tell me.

Adam seems to be on the up and up. So, just click past it and place the order. What's the worst thing that could happen: you lie in a cold UQ-less hammock all winter as Adam never got your order, while some johns at a Vietnamese brothel share libations courtesy of your Visa number.

Remember, you're only responsible for the first $50 on most major stolen credit cards.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    That error is a known certificate storage problem with Firefox 3.x

The quick and dirty way around it when you get that error is to:
    Click on Cancel at the first warning box that pops up
    Click on "I understand the risks"
    Click on Add Exception
    Click on Get Certificate
    Make sure Permanently Store is checked
    Click on Confirm Security Exception
    Click on Resend

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I have received a few emails about this issue. i am going to forward the link to this discussion to the new website guy and see if he can figure it out. Sigh.....I would love just one day where everything went nice and easy..... wishful thinking, I know.

If this error does come up, please let me know. I would love to know the percentage of people that this is happening to. Obviously something will have to change if it continues. If you get the message and you do not feel safe ordering through the website, no worries. Just send me a PM or email and Thorwren and I will get to it asap. If we do not do so within a day or so....hit us again (my apologies) as we get lots of emails

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

• + New Posts