WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S CrowsNest DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/DC/WS
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll adjust the SRL to 98" or so and start adjusting it a bit to either side to see if that fixes my porblem. Oh yeah. I said "porblem." Deal with it.

Oh, and I'll rewhip it with the ends even and see if flappier sides help.
    -->dvis.

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

I agree with Odds.

Quote Originally Posted by odds View Post
    A different hammock may help. My double layer Warbonnet Traveler has a flatter lay. The sides don't come up like my Doublenest does and the material is not as stretchy either.
    I was in my ENo DN today at a local park, mostly with my wife, some alone. I can tell you the problem you have is the same as I had, original poster, when in a DN alone. SN is better, but not much. Precisely as Odds mentions, the gathered end of it, plus the excess side fabric, and it wants to curl. It curls up, and you can lay at angle, and it is as if you are the spreader bar--your head and your feet. And if you change angle, as you say, it sort of throws you back in the middle again. So, you wrestle yourself around in it again, you get back on an angle, and your feet and head are once again a spreader bar (typically with excess fabric slapping you in the face while you lie there), and you keep your body tight, and you lay there uncomfortably until you move and bang, it closes in on your again.

This is somewhat improved with two people in it, which is frankly the only way I personally use an ENO Double now (except when my wife gets up for a stroll and I'm stuck there alone in my nylon cocoon).

The other solution is Warbonnet Traveler. I, like another poster above, own Warbonnet Traveler and it's generous enough for two people, but works well for one, and although it's a gathered end hammock, the ridgeline is integrated, the cinch straps are ready to roll, the double fabric is superb, and the "feel" of not only the fabric (much softer than the ENO), but the "lay" of the hammock itself is head and shoulders above my ENO DNs and SN. It just feels better.

There you have it from a former (and I still use them as spares in my vehicles, one in each, ready to roll) ENo lover. Now it's Warbonnet for me--YMMV.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12