Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I remove the OCF and roll the undercover and hammock together in the snakeskins.
    Sometimes I have done this, packing the OCF into it's own dry sack or into a dry sack with other stuff I want to keep dry at all costs. Worked just fine.

Or, I stuff the entire hammock/SS and maybe TQ into their own dry sack or stuff sack. Though that won't work with the sack the hammock came in. All you need is a large enough sack.

Lastly, sometimes I just stuff it all into my pack. This works just fine also.

If every thing- including TQ- is stuffer into one big sack, then when you get to camp and hang your tarp and then hang your hammock, you are ready for bed. Once the hammock comes out of the sack and is hung up, so is the SS or UQ and TQ.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    Sounds like you need to buy or make a bigger stuff sack.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffe View Post
    I just got my SS last night. I was thinking of using a compression sack T. Hennessey style with sleeping bag, OCF, SB, SS and hammock together, snake skins for my tarp. I would put a hole on the bottom to feed my whoopie sling through. How has this worked for others?
    HHSS with one Explorer UL hammock, pad, plus kidney/torso pad, a space blanket, overcover,undercover and one Golight Ultra20 TQ in one Heavy duty coated nylon sack, total weight 5 lb 7 oz

I don't ever have any problems with the above. I just pull a rope out of one end and tie to a tree, then walk towards the other tree and tie on. Every thing bt the tarp is ready to go- though it may have already been hung up before the hammock is pulled out. I can get in the hammock as soon as it is tied up to the tree and go to sleep. Once it comes out of the sack ( or pack if stuffed in there), hammock, OC, UC and TQ are all in place, maybe needing just a small adjustment.

In this pic, the entire shelter (except for tarp) had come right out of this Pinnacle pack and was ready to go. No separate stuff sack like in 1st pic, all just stuffed into the pack.

Of course, if you don't have a netted hammock, your sleeping bag/TQ will probably fall out on the ground as you pull everything out of the sack/pack. But as long as you have the new style HH clips ( or some biners ) the UC,pad, space blanket/OC should all stay nicely in place. It is really a handy way to go. But I was also very happy just removing my pad and TQ to a dry sack, and wrapping the hammock/UC into snake skins. The 1st is faster, but either works great.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 09-09-2011 at 20:17.

Packing SS Trick

If you roll the pad up with the silnylon undercover where the silnylon ends up on the outside of the foam it will go back into the original stuffsack nicely.

Hammock
    HH Exp Asym
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    CCF
    Thanks for the info. I stuffed my hammock, SS, sleeping bag, under pad and SB without problem on a motorcycle trip last week. Worked well. Next question is how do I add insulation for the upcoming cold winter? I'll be searching for the proper thread.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    The OCF foam pad is a pain to get into the stuff sack. It improves a little with practice. I put the rest in a bishop bag I made from a big mesh stuff sack.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12