Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Trouble packing HHE with super shelter.

Any tips on how to pack these things together? I could not get it back in the bag with the super shelter attached, and I don't really want to have to set that up every time I get to site.

Any tips for how to stuff this thing?

I watched the you tube video on the website, but it looks like Tom is just stuffing it into his backpack. That won't really work for me, but if that is the "best" solution then I guess that is the only choice.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I don't think it is possible. The Supershelter is difficult enough to put back into its own stuff sack sans hammock nor accessories. You observed Tom correctly, in that he is simply stuffing the whole mess into the backpack, but I'm not fond of that method either.

What I did was remove the OCF pad and stuffed it in the original stuff sack. The undercover stayed on the hammock and that went into the hammock stuff sack. Another method I tried but didn't like was to fold the OCF pad and put it in the bottom of my pack where it would be compressed.

While the SS kept me warm, the aforementioned issues were enough reasons for me to invest in an UQ...

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I remove the OCF and roll the undercover and hammock together in the snakeskins.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    I remove the foam pad and put the tarp, hammock, under cover and over cover in the snake skins. It will fit in my mesh pocket on the outside of my pack. This is tight in the snake skins but easy to setup and when I use this hammock that's all I'm after is quick and easy.

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    got tired of having the ocf pad separate (not that it really took much effort to put the pad upon setup or remove it and pack it somewhere else), so i just have a big 'bishop' stuff sack for the whole thing, sometimes even leave the spaceblanket on as well.
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    I have the Hex fly with mine, so I made a stuff sack for it. As far as hammy and SS, I take the pad out, and skin the rest, Roll it up like a coiled snake and put in in a stuff sack as well. The pad get rolled up and in to it's original sack. It doesn't matter to me if it takes 5 mins or 30 minutes to set up and tear down. I'm really anal about how I put things away and take my time. Everything has it's place.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    BMBH / WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    GH Incub/JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    I stuff the whole set up (HH Exped + SS + emergency blanket +straps) into a Sea to Summit weatherproof sack which also works like a compression sack. Lrg size I believe. I put the tarp seperately into snake skins only because I don't use the tarp that often. Not the smallest packing option but sure beats just stuffing into your pack or trying to get back into original bags. Comes out to about a 950-1000 ci package. Nice thing about it you can conform the set up dimensionally to your liking such as either barrel round or flatter & longer plus it's waterproofed.
    Last edited by Swingblade; 11-03-2010 at 01:06.
    The older I get the better I used to be. Superhero status is near.

Hammock
    Byer Moskito
    Tarp
    PO S1
    Insulation
    Greatland Self inf
    Suspension
    5/16 twisted poly
    Over the last weekend I was able to get my Exped Asym, under cover and tarp into the snake skins and stuffed into the HH stuff sack. Its tight, but I got everything in there. I took the OCF out and rolled that back into the SS bag. Oh yeah the over cover is in the stuff sack as well under everything else.

So it will fit, though it takes some coaching. Now the trick will be to do that in the winter with gloves on!

Hammock
    HH Exp Asym
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    CCF

Compression Sack?

I just got my SS last night. I was thinking of using a compression sack T. Hennessey style with sleeping bag, OCF, SB, SS and hammock together, snake skins for my tarp. I would put a hole on the bottom to feed my whoopie sling through. How has this worked for others?

Images
    I remove the pad and put it back in the ss stuff sack. Everything else (hammock, tarp, over cover, and under cover) will fit in the snake skins. I do roll all of this up with the side tie outs to help compress it all. This seems to contain some of the large bulge that occurs in the middle.

Ragnall

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast