Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    I just became a donating member, not to get access to all the other areas(which I will spend the afternoon searching), but as a thank you to the people who started the site and keep it running. Guys, it cost $10. I spent more on beer last night and had two drinks. The point is, support the site if you are here. (sorry, if I offended anyone...)

Love the site, the people, the hang-outs, and the sharing of knowledge and ideas.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I have to agree with Vagabond. I think that the wealth of knowledge here is alone worth the annual $10 donation. Add to that the entertainment value, the friendships developed, the camaraderie at hangs and the tons of stuff in off topic in the donating members section and the nearly negligible donation is a steal. The forum doesn't exist without donations, so I think it incumbent on the folks here who are regular users to help support the forum they utulize. Bottom line: A measly $10 is well worth it just for the cooking forum.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Exped combo, exped basic
    Tarp
    DYI, six sided
    Insulation
    foam refletex,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    To me it's money well spent , for a great service to the hammock
    commuity as well as anyone that loves the outdoors.

My daddy always said pull your fare share. The $ 10.00 is at least what I can do for a fine service such as hammockforms.

fourdog

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Summer Incubator
    Suspension
    SMC GH Spyderline
    KerMegan - I paid the $10 and now I can see it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    3 Season Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    I just became a donating member, not to get access to all the other areas(which I will spend the afternoon searching), but as a thank you to the people who started the site and keep it running. Guys, it cost $10. I spent more on beer last night and had two drinks. The point is, support the site if you are here. (sorry, if I offended anyone...)

Love the site, the people, the hang-outs, and the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
    I agree with Vagabond also. the forum has saved me much more than it costs. thanks to all that keep it up and going.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I, for one, am a recent donating member (6 months or so) and have definitely gotten my money's worth... If my wife adds up all the time I've spent here, it's probably less than $0.002 per hour...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I am a donating member here and at WhiteBlaze. Well worth the few bucks it cost. The few adds that do appear are nothing compared to other backpack camping related sites out there. I have run across misinformation on other sites that require that I join and give them my credit card information just so I can then "report" the wrong information.

While the cost of hosting a web site, domain name ect has come down in price, it still costs money and a good forum program like the one used here also cost money and you have to pay to upgrade the program. While there are some very good free forum programs out there (and I use one) they do not have as many features, ease of use ect as the one used by Hammock Forums.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12