Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    We don't go to road games usually. K-State game years ago, but I'm a K-State grad. The first Big 12 championship were we lost to Texas, and the Rose Bowl.
    I've had the same seats in Lincoln since 1976 except for one year when they move everyone. The next year I tried to move of of the ilse and got the chance to move back to my old seats and took them.
    That's great! I've driven by that stadium and that place is huge!

I like your quote at the bottom of your page...

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

It reminds me of another quote...

Knowledge is knowing there's vinegar in the water bottle. Wisdom is not drinking from that water bottle.

Have a good one, WB!

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin'Yankee View Post
    That's great! I've driven by that stadium and that place is huge!

I like your quote at the bottom of your page...

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

It reminds me of another quote...

Knowledge is knowing there's vinegar in the water bottle. Wisdom is not drinking from that water bottle.

Have a good one, WB!

Randy

I had tried to erase the vinegar incident from my mind until you reminded me of it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    I had tried to erase the vinegar incident from my mind until you reminded me of it.
    I can still hear you coughing/choking! Sam and I still talk about it once in a while. It was one of those moments where I felt incredibly bad for you but it was also very funny.

Take Care.
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Update on a date for this hang? I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it in. Heavy production time, Halloween on Monday and my wifes birthday the Monday before. But I've got a buddy up in Omaha that I'm motorcycling to Oshkosh with and we were talking about hitting the park sometime this year, just haven't had a chance.

Would be good to get out there, though in October I think I'll need to get an underquilt made. Eh, could go either way. It's been rainy and cold (more typical) and sweltering hot (not so typical but easy to put the decorations up with).

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag

Date change?

When I suggested the Indian Caves hang the last weekend in October, I had not checked to see what the Nebraska Football schedule was. I find now that we have a home football game with Michigan State.
    I'm going to miss the Ohio State game going to the Nascar races in Kansas City on October 8. I don't want to miss two games the first year that Nebraska is in the Big 10.
    Would a week earlier on the weekend of October 22 work for other persons that plan to attend? The Spook Fest will be that weekend. Most of the people there for the Spook Fest are RV'ers or in tents in the camp grounds.
    Last year while walking the trails only found one guy camped at one of the shelters.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The 22nd will work for me (at least for now). Will this be car camping or backpacking? Either of which is fine with we
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningCedar View Post
    The 22nd will work for me (at least for now). Will this be car camping or backpacking? Either of which is fine with we
    I had thought that we would backpack to the bluff that over looks the river that has all of the shelters. There are a couple of outhouses there.
    It's probably only a 30 minute walk, almost car camping. We then could day hike trails from there or move to other locations.
    I'm open to other suggestions.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Wifes birthday is that weekend. I knew them stinkin huskers would screw with things. Buddy and I may still see about going out before.

K-State bought my college so I'm a Wildcat by Proxy. Really irritated my Jayhawk sisters.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Wifes birthday is that weekend. I knew them stinkin huskers would screw with things. Buddy and I may still see about going out before.

K-State bought my college so I'm a Wildcat by Proxy. Really irritated my Jayhawk sisters.
    Well I graduated from Kansas State with the BS and MS. Then moved to Nebraska and worked for the University of Nebraska. In Nebraska there is only the Huskers.
    But still keep a little purple in the heart.

Hey guys. I plan on buying a skeeter beeter pro from canfields this week. I think it would be great to go on the hankg out.

I can answer any question you guys have, being that Im a noob. My name is James, I remodel house, and Im 23. That my intro. What do yall think?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast