Hammock
    D.I.Y, Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Pad for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just happened to see this! Is there still a planned get together?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by FORMERLAWDOG View Post
    Just happened to see this! Is there still a planned get together?
    I think that there should be a hang at Indian Caves. However, my family is causing some schedule problems. Originally I thought the last weekend would work until I found that there was a Nebraska home football game. Then I thought that a week earlier on weekend of October 22 would work for me also. Now my wife and family are talking about taking the RV over for the Spook Fest that weekend.
    I would be there but not sure if she will let me out of the camper to go hang in the woods. Although if the daughter and grandkids come I may need to get out to make room for them.
    Everyone could certainly do it without me being there all the time.
    Burning Cedar has camped and hung there before maybe he will chime in and offer some suggestions.
    For those that are not familiar with the Spook Fest it is a Halloween event at the park. RV campgrounds are full of RV's many with decorations. Also a spook hay rack ride at the park at night. Lots of fun for kids and adult kids. However, last year while there for it when walking the trail only found one guy camped at the shelters on the bluff over looking the river.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I think between myself and Walking Bear we can make this thing happen.

I certainly want to do it on a weekend that WB is around to enjoy at least a bit of it with us (after all, he is our host), but I'm very comfortable with the Park, its trails, and good hanging sites. So I'm very happy to be his second.

Right now I have the weekend of the 22nd on my calendar for this hang. But I don't have any other commitments that month -- yet. So we can reschedule if needed by the majority of folks.

Really looking forward to this

For now......"Game On" (but Walking Bear has the prerogative to change the game date).

p.s. I did a quick weekend hang in the Park in late August. It was amazing to see the Missouri River still flooding vast areas!!! Many of the roads were still closed to flooding. In fact the highway I usually cross to get there (Highway 159) is STILL closed to flooding. The hiking trails and campsite though are all open.
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

I'd love to go on my first hang with you guys. Just got my blackbird and yeti and would lve to get some advice from you guys. I've been out to that park once and camped next to a meadow on the trail. It was very nice. Let me know the date and I should be able to make it.

Hammock
    D.I.Y, Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Pad for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Its a great place to hang. Still unsure about making the October dates fit the schedule. Would be awesome to meet up with some fellow hangers!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    We are still on for the weekend of October 22 and 23. I will be returning from a trip to Minnesota to look at fall colors and stuff. I probably will have an RV in the campground if we can find a place for it.
    I will probably arrive on Friday the 21st. I would expect that we will hang on the trails by the river overlook where there are several shelters, for at least the first night. It is not to long a walk from the parking area. It is a dry campsite so you will need to pack water. There are a couple of outhouses at that location. Good view of the flooded river.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Walking Bear: Please correct me if I'm wrong on the location. I've attached a park map showing where the proposed campsite is located as well as where you should park.

Its about a 3/4 mile hike to the campsites with a bit of an uphill to get to the top of the bluff. Not too bad though.

If there a non-hangers in the group, there are several Adirondack-type shelters available in the campsite area.

Bring lots of water! Due to the flooding, all park water supplies have been closed except for the main park entrance. I would NOT encourage treating the water here -- lots of "stuff" is unfortunately dumped into the streams and rivers.

As a teaser, I've also included a couple of photos from my trip there last month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningCedar View Post
    Walking Bear: Please correct me if I'm wrong on the location. I've attached a park map showing where the proposed campsite is located as well as where you should park.

Its about a 3/4 mile hike to the campsites with a bit of an uphill to get to the top of the bluff. Not too bad though.

If there a non-hangers in the group, there are several Adirondack-type shelters available in the campsite area.

Bring lots of water! Due to the flooding, all park water supplies have been closed except for the main park entrance. I would NOT encourage treating the water here -- lots of "stuff" is unfortunately dumped into the streams and rivers.

As a teaser, I've also included a couple of photos from my trip there last month.
    Yes that is the area that I was thinking of for the hang.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Just checked, my wifes birthday is still that weekend, DANG. That and I managed to get out two weekends ago and used up my hall passes. Oh well, it was a good year, those pictures make me want to go again though.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Just checked, my wifes birthday is still that weekend, DANG. That and I managed to get out two weekends ago and used up my hall passes. Oh well, it was a good year, those pictures make me want to go again though.
    Wife and family can cause conflicts. My wife and grandkids may be in the camper over in the RV campground during the hang. I may be running back and forth during the hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast