Hammock
    Eno doublenest deluxe
    Tarp
    Dry ones
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Hmmmm.... I just got a new mountain bike... I think my pack is to heavy to ride with but it's a idea I haven't gone over maybee make a lighter pack.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    Hmmmm.... I just got a new mountain bike... I think my pack is to heavy to ride with but it's a idea I haven't gone over maybee make a lighter pack.
    Yeah, I wondered how the pack would feel too. I figured I could ride slowly and still cover the 9 miles in about an hour. If I'm able to go to this canyon this remains my plan unless I can get a full day off work and then I'll probably hike along the dirt road.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I've gone on S24O trips with a pack and a bicycle and it worked great, but my pack loads are pretty light. I don't think I would attempt it with an external frame or over 30 lbs., unless you brought a trailer or panniers.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My wish list before the years end is to backpack the following.
    Clear Creek.
    A section of the rim trail (we had a hammock forum hang there earlier this year)
    West fork of oak creek canyon. (Im wondering how do-able this is in the fall/winter but I think it would be a beautiful time of year to see the canyon)

I'll be sure to post if any of these wishes get a chance to come true.
    I've already committed to taking the boy scouts to a camporee (I have no idea what that is) Nov 5&6th so I wont be able to make those dates

Hammock
    Eno doublenest deluxe
    Tarp
    Dry ones
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Camporees are fun, I remember years ago when I was young and in scouts we'd go to one or two a year. Remember to bring lots of food.

Hammock
    Eno doublenest deluxe
    Tarp
    Dry ones
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Are we counting this thread dead...? So far I count three interrested in another grouop hike anybody have an idea on location? I guess that would be easier to establish than a date first. I say... Uh... Well there are these waterfalls just outside payson with decent fishing. Most people arent hinking into the falls anymore do to the recent fires in the area but falls themselve and the area south around them and hike in arent touched by fire. I believe its called Ellison Creek Falls... My cabin is about 4 miles from them and I used to hike there all the time as a kid. Fresh pools of water all over and lots of trees. The roads to the trail head are all paved and the hike is easy enough young children do it all the time. Thre trail hike itself to the falls is 2 miles???? Just a sugjestion. I could hike in a few weeks and return with pictures and an exact waypoint for google maps if anyone is interrested.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Lowclass, that sounds great. I'm still interested. November time frame may be tricky, but let's talk dates and see if anything matches, or like roadtorque suggests, just post date/time/place and if you can make it we join up; nothing serious.

Personally, I'd like to see if there is interest in an annual winter hike to fossil springs in February.

Hammock
    WB BB DL 1.7oz
    Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm watching to see what develops. Always ready for an adventure, without a waiting list.
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

Hammock
    HH Ultralight Backpacker
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & No Sniv
    Suspension
    Whoopies & E trunk
    I am interested, I am just waiting for dates and location so I can ask the wife. I afraid I might have used up all of my kitchen passes for the year. It doesn't hurt to ask though.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    Are we counting this thread dead...? So far I count three interrested in another grouop hike anybody have an idea on location? I guess that would be easier to establish than a date first. I say... Uh... Well there are these waterfalls just outside payson with decent fishing. Most people arent hinking into the falls anymore do to the recent fires in the area but falls themselve and the area south around them and hike in arent touched by fire. I believe its called Ellison Creek Falls... My cabin is about 4 miles from them and I used to hike there all the time as a kid. Fresh pools of water all over and lots of trees. The roads to the trail head are all paved and the hike is easy enough young children do it all the time. Thre trail hike itself to the falls is 2 miles???? Just a sugjestion. I could hike in a few weeks and return with pictures and an exact waypoint for google maps if anyone is interrested.
    Why dont we set some dates towards the end of Jan or into Feb for an official group hang that people can put into their calendars. In the mean time, people can put up any personal hikes and invite others along. I'm pretty confident I will be headed out thanksgiving weekend for an overnighter. I have not confirmed this yet nor decided on a location but anyone who is available is welcome to come.