Quote Originally Posted by jeffjenn View Post
I'm having trouble understanding how you got drips on you from anywhere but the ridge. Wouldn't any moisture that formed on the sides of the tarp run down the sides to the bottem edge & drip off there??? Now if the ridge isn't seam sealed that would make sense to me.
Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedBuddha View Post
its the stock tarp from hennessey the smaller one. i think it was because it was sagging so much that it dripped. probably just didnt have it taught enough. I tried it again the next night higher up and tighter and had no problems. i think i'm just going to use the hex tarp. yeah it weighs more but i like the coverage it provides.

The Bearded Buddha
I have more than once- mostly while testing gear in my backyard pitched over wet ground and grass- had a lot of condensation form on the underside of my tarp. It does not roll down the tarp, but just sort of hangs there waiting to get me wet when I am getting into the hammock. Or, if frozen, I have had it "snow" on me if I brush against the tarp getting in or out. Sometimes the underside of the tarp is way more wet than the outside. I have had this happen just as much when I don't sleep out but just leave the hammock/tarp pitched all night anyway. So, it is not condensation from my breath. It also happens with a wide pitch despite plenty of air circulation, at least if there had been any breeze.

I don't think this has happened to me out in the bush. Just a backyard thing.