WTB JRB Suspension/Tarp/Evazote/TQ or Bag

Hey guys, I'm green to hanging and need to pickup a few things. I picked up a HH Explorer Deluxe here on the forums and it didn't come with the stock suspension. I'm looking to pickup a few things to get through the winter season down here in Louisiana.

First off I have been looking at a JRB suspension setup, either tri-glides, or the complete system. I figured someone here may have tried either and didn't care for them much.

The Asym tarp that came with the HH will be fine I think for milder weather, but around here rain can get pretty bad so I am looking for something bigger. I have my eye on a Kelty 9, or 12, but something similar would work.

Last up I need something to keep me warm during what we consider to be winter around here. I was thinking of picking up an Evazote sleeping pad from Gossamer gear and maybe some type of wind blocking liner to hang under the hammock.

I've found a wealth of information here and honestly I'm still trying to wade through it all. Kudos to everyone here that helps out the newbies. Once again nothing I need is set in stone, so lemme know what ya got.

ETA: I guess I really need to also grab a TQ, or a new sleeping bag. I'm tall at 6'3" and fluffy at 265lbs. The TQ, or bag would be used in the 40-60 range.
    Last edited by ShareTheToys; 10-28-2010 at 22:48.

You could get the torso pad from JRB they cost less then 10$, well I guess it would be a little more than 10$ when you factor in shipping!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    PM me w/an address and I'll mail you a set of tri-glides (just the glides no webbing).

Cranky, I saw that pad, but I was looking at something a little longer/wider. I'm 6'3" and around 265lbs, even with the extra built in padding I still get cold pretty easily!

Added new items that I need.

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Tri-glides on their way!

Bump - I picked up a WBBB to try out as I wear a size 16 shoe and feel the need for some more room in that area. I still need something to keep my butt toasty though.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The JRB Evazote pad works great and has kept feet and legs warm (single layer) down to the upper 20's F. when used with a partial UQ (either WB Yeti of HG Crow's Nest). I recently just cut mine into equal parts and glued them together for a double layer pad that can go INSIDE my TQ footbox (or sleeping bag) for even colder weather.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

I only see the Torso pad listed on their website. I was looking for something a little bit bigger as it only measures 40"x26". Do they carry something larger? I had been looking at the GG Thinlight 1/4" pad that measures about 60"x40", but they are sold out right now. I know Oware also has a pad around that size, but it is only 3/16" thick.

• + New Posts