Well with the thread on the potential group hang for Sydney/NSW memebrs, I thought I'd create a thread to gauge interest for all the QLD (mainly brisbane/goldcoast and outlying areas), and perhaps some nothern NSW members.

I'm in Brisbane, and I don't really know any good areas. I've only been hiking a few times, but I can't remember where I went. One area was around some mountain range, that eventaully dissected the great dividing range, about a 3 hours bus trip out of brisbane. I'll call myself a hiking newb, who is totally new to hammock camping.

Not too sure of a time frame, I am rather busy most of the year, would have to be during the christmas hoiday time period so probably mid November to mid/late January. Or around early - mid July, I should get a couple of weeks off there as well. But please post when you think you might be free, as I figure if alot of people can go then, but I can't go, thats better than only a few people going when I can go, and everyone missing out.

Also, I don't own much hiking gear, and I still need to buy a decent pack, and all the other stuff, and I am saving up for; and will be ordering ASAP, a WBBB hammock and tarp, who knows I may get it for myself for christmas .
So I've still got to sort myself out in that regards.

We could also discuss whether it would be a
- hike in, set up camp, hike out sort of deal
- drive to capsite, set up, drive out (no/little hiking involved)
- multiday hike, making camp each night (this is what I've done before)

I know I'm thinking really far ahead, and probably overcomplicating things, but I've never done anything like this before.

As far as a location, I don't really know anywhere that would be a good place to hang, maybe a national park somewhere? But I'm not sure on the rules.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, just drop a reply through this thread if you may be interested, or PM/email me with any other ideas or info you wanted, and perhaps post some good hang/hike sites that you know of.

thanks

JCK