Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap

Arizona holiday hangover... trip.

After not making it to the clear creek trip and having bought all kinds of gear for a cold weather hang, then reading about all the... adventures of the weekend? I'm left thinking with all the holidays coming up such as thanks giving, christmas, and new years how about another AZ hang when the holidays are over, hence hangover term. I figure after christmas time is perfect due to schedules usualy get tight between holidays with most people working extra hours and planning multi family get togethers. So any one up for another hang? I'm thinking oak creek, fossil canyon, or bear canyon lake... and first or second weekend after new years? Feel free to offer any and all ideas to build this into a liable option.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I'm up for that. Since I feel cheated, I would like to organize a group hang soon. Last year we did a group hang in february at fossil springs. That was a great hike and a great spot; low crowds in the winter. I'm fine with oak creek too. Any place that is accessible by car has my vote. I like hiking and backpacking, but I need to be able to reach the trailhead

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    To be honest I'm almost healed enough to go within another week or two but figured waiting until Jan for the convience of the whole group if anybody is up for sooner that's also on the table for the thread, I'm up for any direction this thread goes but dead.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm up for anything. Chances are I will be headed out a few times DURING the holdiays. I will probably know a week in advanced when and where I will go but I will put a notice up on the forum and any of you are free to come with me. An official group hang the first of the year would be nice as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Okay I'm jumping the gun but let's get a solid date before trip location. How does the 7th, 8th, and 9th of january sound? Its far enough away that calenders can be marked so things can't be planned for the same time but not to far that people lose all interrest. All I have to say about choosing a location let's keep in mind how much snow will be on the ground in Northern az in Jan. Or if enough people are interrested how about a early december hang? Just spitballing till enough people pick up interrest. And as of right now... meaning I haven't and don't plan on checking with doctor or asked the woman with the pants for permission I am going to do the Clear Creek hike out of spite for missing it this past weekend on the weekend of the 5th-7th with a few non-forum hangers but all are welcome if they desire more abuse, but no skunks. I'm telling the forest service in advance to remove any skunks for the weekend...
    Last edited by lowclass; 10-27-2010 at 08:09.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Lowclass, I also plan on heading into west clear creek some time this fall due to missing this last hang. I just need to wait for the roads to dry up so I can take my car into there. I'm wanting to do a few weekend trips before the year's end. I will publish them here when I know any info and anyone is welcome to come along. Let me know when you head into clear creek, if I'm available I would love to go.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I want to get down to west clear creek too, but the first weekend in Nov is out for me because I'm providing comm support for the grand canyon marathon. Thankfully, I will ba camping out there in my hammock, so it is part fun and part radio fun.

Roadtorque, even when the roads dry up, I don't think I would be able to get my sedan all the way to the trailhead. The road deteriorates about a mile out with more rocks and narrower road conditions. If we can coordinate the trip, I would likely start the hike from the road like I did this last time, but with daylight hours diminishing so early, I'd like to get an early start knowing the trail down into the canyon is an ankle twister. Add the drive time and I may need to take half the day off. Sweet!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    I want to get down to west clear creek too, but the first weekend in Nov is out for me because I'm providing comm support for the grand canyon marathon. Thankfully, I will ba camping out there in my hammock, so it is part fun and part radio fun.

Roadtorque, even when the roads dry up, I don't think I would be able to get my sedan all the way to the trailhead. The road deteriorates about a mile out with more rocks and narrower road conditions. If we can coordinate the trip, I would likely start the hike from the road like I did this last time, but with daylight hours diminishing so early, I'd like to get an early start knowing the trail down into the canyon is an ankle twister. Add the drive time and I may need to take half the day off. Sweet!
    My plan for this last hang (if the roads had been dry) was to pull off the paved highway into the dirt and use my mountain bike to get to the trailhead(a bit faster than hiking!). Ditch the bike at the trail head and hike into the canyon.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Roadtorgue I am going not this weekend but next 5th-7th of nov, I have a 4X4 and would have no problem hauling you in from a prearranged meeting place. I can make multiple trips if need be for others. Or we could label this West Clear Creek 2.0 and plan another mass trip for there. It sounds like everybody had a good time last weekend. Maybee hike up or down stream alittle to make it new and adventuresome for those who made it in this past weekend???? Is this called thread evolution?

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    My plan for this last hang (if the roads had been dry) was to pull off the paved highway into the dirt and use my mountain bike to get to the trailhead(a bit faster than hiking!). Ditch the bike at the trail head and hike into the canyon.
    Oooh, that's not a bad idea. I just got new tires on my bike too. That might actually be faster than driving that (*#&$ road.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast