Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Triangle Thingies

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the use of Paul's
    "Triangle Thingies" with A WBBB/INCUBATOR Combo?
    I have just received my INCUBATOR and was wondering if they would provide any benefit in the footbox area.
    It is hard by myself to tell if the incubator is covering the footbox when I am in it. I have a couple items to buy from Paul
    and want to include these in the buy if warranted.

Thanks, Mark
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    The jury is still out...I'm not wildly enthusiastic about them, but not ready to give up, either.

A length of adjustable shockcord over the rl/net will accomplish the same thing, with the caveat that the sc will eventually wear the net. A small patch of nylon sewn to the net would solve that problem.

Once the Incubator has been "captured" by the footbox, it stays in place on it's own. This creates a problem at the left shoulder, however. I find myself tugging the quilt back under my shoulder from time to time. Put simply, the quilt does not want to zig and then zag between it's attachment points on the hammock suspension...it will go left, or right, but not both. This is not unsolvable, but it's going to take a bit of tinkering. I'm coming at this from two different directions, and when I'm satisfied, I'll post my results.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Dave,

Your thoughts are the same as mine. I figured a shock cord would do the same but the tt's help with the net wear.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a WBBB and 3S incubator on order (almost a month now and I'm going nuts waiting).

I got a set of triangle thingies with a BB and Leigh's quilt I bought for the wife. The triangle thingie works well with a 2/3 to 3/4 UQ, but it also got me to wondering about a full length UQ and the foot box.

My thought was to modify the triangle thingie. Instead of a near equilateral triangle, I'm thinking of making a set with shorter wider triangle at the foot end to aid with pulling the UQ over to the foot box side of the hammock.

Has anyone already tried this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I haven't used them on that particular quilt, but have found the idea works VERY well on our DIY quilts. I HAVE tried the shockcord over the ridgeline method, and it doesn't work as well - the triangles stay in place better, while the shockcord, by being able to flex between the end of the ridgeline and attachment points, was more prone to shifting around. I doubt that even a loop of static cordage would work quite as well as the triangles do.

Edit: Symmetrical triangle thingies have worked perfectly well with full length quilts in my experience. You just adjust the lengths of the shock cords that run to the triangles to get the amount of asym shift you desire.

• + New Posts