So.... I had knee replacement surgery recently, and since I'm laid up it's given me way too much time to read the HF and lust after new stuff. I currently use a Trek Light Double hammock (very similar to ENO double), and have a KAQ Lost River UQ, and a MaCat Deluxe tarp. I just received some new suspension straps and the Triangle Thingies from Paul at AHE. But now I'm lusting after a WBBB hammock. I'm a river rafter, not a backpacker, so weight isn't an issue, but packability & function are important. The things I like about the WBBB are the bug net and the footbox. On most of my river trips in Utah & Idaho, mosquitos aren't a problem, but there are some early summer trips were they are really awful. Also, I like to read in my hammock at night before bed and the bugs can be annoying. Having an attached net would be nice. The footbox looks like it would make for a comfortable lie in the hammock.
My biggest drawback to buying a new hammock is that I sometimes don't have trees available in some river camps and I have to resort to my roll-a-cot & thermarest combo. I'd really like to ditch my tent, so I 'm hoping that when I have to ground dwell, I can rig my tarp up as an A-frame over me if needed. However, this doesn't give me any bug protection. I could buy a bug net to use with my current hammock set-up, but that WBBB sure looks sweet.
Decisions...... Decisions ??????
KJ