Hammock Bliss with camo bug net
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    down, IX, fleece
    Suspension
    dutchclips
    Images
    Does the base pivot to turn you out of the sun? That way you can sit on it and rotate!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    I have actually had several of these installed: in three of my summer homes, two of my fall homes, both my winter and winter solstice homes, my Groundhog Day home, and two of my spring homes. While they aren't really all that comfortable, they've got that ever-so-important look of bored affluence and contentment that is so popular these days, and I'll sacrifice actual comfort for the stylish appearance of comfort any day.

In regards to this being used for hammock camping. It is the perfect sleep system for camping, and I have even used it in sub-zero weather. Simply follow these easy steps:

1. Get your install crew to set up a circus tent, generators, and heating units in the camping location of your choice (this should be done long before you helicopter in).

2. Here's the real secret--memory foam mattresses (twin size should be sufficient (remember, you are roughing it)) placed on top of the hammock.

3. Clean up is a breeze. Have the crew take down the circus tent, generators, and heating unit; pack up the memory foam mattresses after you leave, and (here's the brilliant part) JUST LEAVE THE HAMMOCKS. You can always buy more. For those of you 'leave no trace' people rolling around in the graves that you are making for yourselves as you read this... no worries. The first semi-serious gust of wind that comes along will blow these babies to the farthest corners of the world--just like those paper airplane tubes you used to have your butler make for you when you were a kid. No trace.

Hope this helps,

Tim
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    I have actually had several of these installed: in three of my summer homes, two of my fall homes, both my winter and winter solstice homes, my Groundhog Day home, and two of my spring homes.

I am shocked at you! You left out your villa in the south of France. I'll tell you what . . . I will send my man there at once to take care of that little matter for you. After all, what are hiking buddies good for if we can't buy each other a hammock or two once in a while?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    I am shocked at you! You left out your villa in the south of France.
    Actually my French Villa is my 2nd spring home, but because I am an amazingly modest man by nature I didn't name the locations of each of my homes--didn't want to seem like I was bragging. Tell you what though, the next time you find yourself in the Riviera drop by, and we'll hang for a spell on my super-cool nouveau hammocks.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    The Petiole Hammock. $35,000
    And here I am fusing over the prices of UQs etc!

Bet the worst gear junkie here does not even come close to just one of these debt wise. Wonder how it would look set up by that Slip and Slide in the backyard?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    I feel kind of foolish. 10 years ago my wife and I bought our house for $65,000. Another ten grand and we could have purchased two of those amazing Petioles instead. Oh well... live and learn.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post

Bet the worst gear junkie here does not even come close to just one of these debt wise. Wonder how it would look set up by that Slip and Slide in the backyard?
    I have that in student loans....two degrees later and I am still without a job (related to my degree field)...I chuck boxes for FedEx part time....No I am not disgruntled at all ...Every time I see my diplomas hanging on the wall I smile and say boy that was sure a great idea and a good reason to get into debt ....I am going to stop there, because other wise I am going to end up going on a rant about how much I truly dislike this country, and cooperate America, and, and, and, and, and.....
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    DIY Speer-type
    Tarp
    modded SG 12' x12'
    Insulation
    CCF and DAM
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    It's the very thing to go with my ermine underquilt! I switched to ermine because mink chafes me.
    "Interesting! No, wait, the other thing.....tedious!"- Bender Bending Rodriques

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12