I have a friend, a geologist, who spent the summer doing contract work for the USGS at the Teddy Roosevelt NP in the Badlands of North Dakota. He was back here, briefly, in late August, with tales of breathtaking landscapes, bison, mountain lions, etc...Oh, and rattlesnakes and mosquitos.

He returned for most of September and early October...I sent an ENO DN with him, because he had expressed an interest in hammocks. I thought, at most, he might use it for lounging/napping, and thought this was one way to ascertain the potential for hanging in the Teddy.

Last night, I got a full report: no snakes, only a few 'skeeters, and he slept in the ENO every night. I'm not out to convert anybody, but it made me feel good to hear my friend speak of blissful sleep.

I digress. My point, here, is to raise the flag of awareness re: the Badlands. Yes, brothers and sisters, there are trees there, and they are "hangable." Google the Teddy, click on images, and have a looksee. I'm not proposing a hang there, but it has perked to the top of my places I want to visit list.