Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WBBB vs. HH

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

WBBB vs. HH

I have been looking for a thread that addresses the differences between the Blackbird and the Hennessy and what those who have tried both think about them. I know that I am new to using forums, and my searching skills are not all that great, but I just can't seem to find any threads with this specific topic. I can't imagine there is not one out there somewhere in Hammock Forum Cyberspace, but if that truly is the case, I wouldn't mind if this turned into just that thread.

I know I really should just get out there and go to a hang and try one out (and I am hoping to do that at the First Annual Florida Hang in January), but I just don't think that I would even like to wait that long. I have the HH Explorer Deluxe bottom entry, and I am contemplating getting the 2qzq mod 4 for it, but it just seams that much more enticing to take the $75 I would put towards that, and just spend and extra $100 on a Blackbird. Any thoughts on a HH mod#4 compared to a BB? I like the Hennessy, and I think that it is very comfortable, but I also really like the idea of the shelf in the BB.

Maybe I should just get a better job so that I can get all the hammocks I want without thinking about the cost..... hahaha.....if only.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    WBBB vs HH Expedition..... posted by Diab
    Thread contains a very good video review and other opinions on the two hammocks.

I'd start saving my pennies if I was you. I just started hanging this summer and I already own a Trek Light hammock, an UQ, and a MacCat tarp, plus a WBBB on order. It's like a really fun, contagious disease.
    KJ

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    It's like a really fun, contagious disease.
    KJ
    I agree with that entirely. Thanks for the help.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Here is the thread. Like cataraftgirl said, save your pennies.

Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy PolyD DBL
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had those same questions about 2 weeks ago. Now im waiting on my new WBBB. So excited!

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    WBBB vs HH Expedition..... posted by Diab
    Thread contains a very good video review and other opinions on the two hammocks.

I'd start saving my pennies if I was you. I just started hanging this summer and I already own a Trek Light hammock, an UQ, and a MacCat tarp, plus a WBBB on order. It's like a really fun, contagious disease.
    KJ
    An upgrade from a Trek Light to a WBBB is pretty much the highlight of the day!! Don't get any better than the WBBB!

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisch9 View Post
    I have been looking for a thread that addresses the differences between the Blackbird and the Hennessy and what those who have tried both think about them.
    I know I really should just get out there and go to a hang and try one out (and I am hoping to do that at the First Annual Florida Hang in January),
    Going to a group hang is the best way to try out lots of different hammocks. I still ended up buying several different hammocks anyways!!

I've got the 1.0 double Blackbird and an Expedition Asym zip Hennessy. I like them both. The blackbird is a much thiner material but because mine is double layer, I like it in the summer without any under quilts because the skeeters can't bite me through it. My Hennessy is a thicker heavyer material but only one layer, I have to put a layer of something under it to keep the skeeters from biting and then I'm hotter inside it. Laying in either, I'm comfortable. Setting up either is extreamly easy. I like the mesh sack hanging from the ridgeline in the hennessy and the shelf in the Blackbird. I'm thinking of making a mesh sack for my BB. Both are well made. I've set up my Hennessy for scouts to use and when the scout is taller (5' 10" and taller) they have all complained of leg cramps the next morning. My thinking is that the Expedition is better for shorter people because I've never had any problems like that (I'm 5 foot).
    These are just some of my observations between my BB & HH.
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Can be addictive all the gear out there.

My recommendation, get both, an HH & WBBB. I have a WBBB 1.1 DBL & cheapo GTUL. GTUL is a barebones hammock. But comfortable for afteroon naps. I plan to make a few changes with suspension and possibly use it winter time when camping with others.
    I'd like to pickup an inexpensive used HH sometime.

Very satisfied with the Blackbird. Super comfortable, lightweight and well made.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    SWT+full ridgeline
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-season
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I have the HH Explorer Deluxe with the 2QZQ Mod 2 and a WBBB 1.7 DL. The link above compares the Expedition to the WBBB and not the Explorer...big difference. The Explorer is a larger hammock and produces a much more comfortable lay for bigger folks than does the Expedition. That being said, the zipper mod changed the HH from good to great and I kept the bottom entry for evading swarms of skeeters.

The WBBB is an excellent hammock and the shelf is a great addition, but I'm not sure if that shelf tips the scales on comfort (which is the main reason for moving to a hammock in the first place). I'd say, if you're truly comfortable in the HH but want the convenience of a top loader, send it off to 2QZQ and apply the difference on what you would of spent on the WBBB to a quality UQ.

Just make sure you get a UQ that will work on either the HH or WBBB because you're going to end up owning both...just sayin'.
    Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand - Robert Hunter

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Guy View Post
    An upgrade from a Trek Light to a WBBB is pretty much the highlight of the day!! Don't get any better than the WBBB!
    Yep..... I'm super excited to get my WBBB. The Trek Light is a nice hammock & I'll keep it. A person needs at least two hammocks in the stable right???

KJ

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast