View Poll Results: To Hike or not to hike

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then 7 miles to campsite 2 and 7 miles to shuttle cars making a loop.

3 25.00%
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then 7 miles to campsite 2 and then 7 miles back to original starting point.

1 8.33%
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then day 2 3 miles set up camp then do day hikes

3 25.00%
  • Just make a plan as a group night one around campfire.

5 41.67%
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    I emailed the park ranger to make sure the lot is accessible like the map says it should . Extended outlook rain and 40°'s for friday near 50° on saturday. Now wasn't this to be a winter hang. It's terry's fault he wanted below zero and it went the opposite extreme thats my story and sticking to it. lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    I emailed the park ranger to make sure the lot is accessible like the map says it should . Extended outlook rain and 40°'s for friday near 50° on saturday. Now wasn't this to be a winter hang. It's terry's fault he wanted below zero and it went the opposite extreme thats my story and sticking to it. lol
    BOOOO TERRY!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cross View Post
    BOOOO TERRY!!!
    Sorry guys! It's

the story of my life! Everything that can go wrong usually does! And because I am expecting things to go a certain way fate has a bad habit of dealing me the exact iopposite.
    Terry

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Just Bustin your chops Terry.

Now just got of the horn with rangers parking lot is good, snow 15" with 3 " crust he said snowshoeing was ideal yesterday> Now with warm up coming he cannot really comment.so thats the outlook. local weather is for 50 ° next weekend Karthaus is saying 37 ° iam hoping for 30's wait and see

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 6'x8' Sil
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    medicjimr is contagious. I'm going to have to bow out of the hang, I totalled the wife's car in Clarion Tuesday morning. I hope you guys have fun! Looks like it will be a nice warm up.

-Smalls

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    i was late in this post but i wanted to add to it. The other trail you considered (Allegheny National Forest Hickory Creek Wilderness ) is about 5 miles from where I work in Sheffield PA, I also have a hunting camp only maybe a mile or 2 from Hearts content. If there is any hikes planned for later this year there I would be open to it and offer the use of my hunting camp if needed for anyone coming in early. ( it sleeps between 10-13 people.) I will be up there this weekend in fact as i know many cool places in this area that are not on maps.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    medicjimr is contagious. I'm going to have to bow out of the hang, I totalled the wife's car in Clarion Tuesday morning. I hope you guys have fun! Looks like it will be a nice warm up.

-Smalls
    I hope you are ok!

Images

Who's comming

Is there a list of confirms for this hang? Curious to who all is attending. Thread's too long for my short attention span to browse and figure out.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blisterboy View Post
    Well we got 6 more inch in falls creek last night, got as far as shawville today at work and still plenty of snow with a pretty good crust on top. Gonna try and make a run to the trail head this weekend to have a look, and will report in.
    Thanks for the weather update, good lookin out!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cross View Post
    I call dibs on any leftover cobbler!! Wish I could make Friday night. Cobbler would be great for breakfast Saturday morning.

Joe Cross dibs accepted... PM me on your best price per slice. (Just Kidding)! Will save you some for breakfast. Hope it's worth it!

P.S. Got a family recipe from ldcakes, if I don't screw it up, will be worth it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heber View Post
    I keep checking the forecast and at the moment they are calling for freezing rain followed by snow. Personally I think that sounds great. Maybe I'm weird but I feel kind of disappointed when I put up my tarp and then the weather is perfect. The coolest thing in the world is to be under your tarp, warm in your hammock, and listen to snow/ice/rain falling outside.

Gonna be great.
    Herber, Agreed, Gonna be real great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Thanks for the report! That 1/2 inch of weak crust sounds very encouraging. I was out last weekend here in Potter Co. Had an awful time getting through 15 inches of snow topped with 2 to 3 inches of very hard crust. Just not strong enough to stand on but a leg breaker trying to move forward. I was concerned we would face the same in the Quehanna.
    Hobbit, Let's hope for no leg breakers. Looking forward to your potato soup!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    Sorry guys! It's the story of my life! Everything that can go wrong usually does! And because I am expecting things to go a certain way fate has a bad habit of dealing me the exact iopposite.
    Poppabear, Murphy's Law is that If anything can go wrong, will go wrong. Let's prepare for the worst and expect the best.

Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    Just Bustin your chops Terry.

Now just got of the horn with rangers parking lot is good, snow 15" with 3 " crust he said snowshoeing was ideal yesterday> Now with warm up coming he cannot really comment.so thats the outlook. local weather is for 50 ° next weekend Karthaus is saying 37 ° iam hoping for 30's wait and see
    Keeping an eye on the weather also, Fun isn’t it? This hang is going be rockin. Tottaly Amped!

Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    i was late in this post but i wanted to add to it. The other trail you considered (Allegheny National Forest Hickory Creek Wilderness ) is about 5 miles from where I work in Sheffield PA, I also have a hunting camp only maybe a mile or 2 from Hearts content. If there is any hikes planned for later this year there I would be open to it and offer the use of my hunting camp if needed for anyone coming in early. ( it sleeps between 10-13 people.) I will be up there this weekend in fact as i know many cool places in this area that are not on maps.
    Myteathor, Awesome, did I say awesome, I guess I did. Wow a generous offer, hope we can take you up on it some time. Would be fantastic!!!
    Last edited by HWS; 02-10-2011 at 22:48. Reason: s
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    Thanks ya we will definitely set a date sounds good my friend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast