On thursday night 11/11, Rex (Barefoot Child) and I drove up to Chippewa Landing to meet up with David & Cara (Mr, & Mrs. Canoebie). We arrived a bit late so largely just hung our hammocks and went to bed. The next morning dawned cool and grey. We got our gear all sorted and got on the river around 10 A.M. Paddled about 25 miles to get to the first camp, stopping on occasion to stretch a leg and have a quick brew (tea that is). Plenty of nice camp sites along the way and no shortage of trees to hang from. With the early darkness it was a struggle to stay up til 9 P.M. ! Up the next day around 8 A.M. and I was feeling a bit under the weather so I laid back down for a few hours, feeling much better we had a 1:30 P.M. departure for camp 2 and was just a 2 hr. paddle to get there. With rain being more than just a threat now we put up the BIG tarp and enjoyed dinner and lounging by the fire under that while the rains came and went. Sunday morning we went for a short hike on the North Country Trail with an incredible overlook and got back to camp for a noon departure. We made it to the Take out around 3 P.M. and Rick from Chippewa Landing was there shortly thereafter. What a great trip. The weather was certainly better than it could have been, and it was good to be outside. We saw easily a dozen Bald Eagles, some King Fishers, Mergansers, and Wood Peckers. Didn't see a lot of other wild life but that may be because of all the guns blazing away in the woods! Lots of Beaver activity too.... industrial bunch those beavers. So all in all it was a successful adventure, and I can't wait for my next trip down the Manistee.

The music may not be on the video forever but it'll be there until youtube removes it. I tried to give it the appropriate credit?