DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    this is getting old........
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    No one is forced to buy...at any price.

If you don't like the price, don't buy. Seems simple.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Guess I'm confused. I've been trying to decide about getting a full length 3-Season Incubator for a few weeks now, and I haven't noticed a price increase. Did I miss something????
    I just looked at the hammockgear.com site. No price increase (yet) on the 3S Incubator... Hope they don't raise the price before Sunday. I'm trying out a Leigh's UQ this weekend. If it doesn't satisfy, I'm ordering another 3S Incubator...
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Some thoughts -

- If you have a gear idea to share, this forum is the right place.

- If you have something to say about purchased hammocking gear, this forum is the right place.

- If you have a specific experience (whether good or bad) with a hammock vendor to share, this forum is the right place. If it's negative, do everyone a favor and explain it calmly and rationally, instead of when you're upset. Replies should also be calm and rational too!

- If you want to conjecture or argue opinions about 'business practices'...this forum is NOT the right place.

What happens if we don't keep things civil and inviting? The vendors get frustrated and don't want to participate here any more... Don't let a bad attitude ruin the information and access for everyone...

Thanks for pointing out the price increase for informational purposes, RG. Maybe you can hold the drama next time.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    No one is forced to buy...at any price.

If you don't like the price, don't buy. Seems simple.
    While yes it's simple, I think (if I may speak for redwood and others) is that it might be disheartening. You might think a notice that an increase is on the way. Also it's a steap increase for some, probably many. Yes he owes us nothing but this is what we expect from cottage co. a family feel.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    So it was MiniBullDesign last night, Stormcrow tonight, who's it gonna be tomorrow ?
    Ok, so I'm not a cottage MFG, just a dad trying to raise $4k to send his daughter to Australia... I raised my asking price on mule tape to $5/100'. I will go to hang my head in shame now...

On a more serious note: "people" say inflation is low when my energy costs have gone up immensely in the last 3 years, despite my efforts to carpool, buy CF lights, remove lightbulbs, program computers to hibernate, etc. <sigh> It's getting to be where a hard-working family can't maintain their standard of living.

That said, I need a vacation.. with my hammock! Here's hoping everybody here can sleep 1 night in their hammocks over Thanksgiving!

Sorry AngrySparrow.. I'll get back on topic...had to throw that in.
    Last edited by JohnSawyer; 11-18-2010 at 19:08. Reason: --
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    RG. Maybe you can hold the drama next time.
    For which to one and all I do apologize. I meant to inform, and turned it into a flame-post. My bad.

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

$$

I've been looking at materials to make some of my own gear and quite frankly I have been wondering how Hammock Gear can stay in business at their prices. I don't know how fast they sew, but I bet the per hour rate isn't much at all. They must have done the math of all the hours they put in and tried to adjust the prices to still make it worth their while. I doubt it had anything to do with greed.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    So it was MiniBullDesign last night, Stormcrow tonight, who's it gonna be tomorrow ?

You better watch out Brandon
    Brandon already got his negative publicity a few days ago.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing &amp; Buckles
    So, I saw this TV I liked. I kicked it around for a week or two and decided to go buy it. I went back and the price had gone up. So here's the really weird twist, I didn't buy it! I guess I should have raised %^*# all over the internet... But instead, I decided to just buy a different TV. What a concept, huh? Adam & Jen, after receiving my Crowsnest, I would have still gladly paid more than what I did. I honestly believe your products were under priced now that I have it in my hands. Does any manufacturer of any product owe anybody anything just because "they have been saving for one"? "Oh gee, we didn't know that, the price increase surely wont apply to you then". I thought the guys at BPL had some worthless, moronic threads over there. I'm deathly afraid were catching up.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast