Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Images
    Doing my part to make the community aware of what is happening at the cottage makers we all have come to love. These kind of issues effect all of us. A hundred price increase, after a price increase 4 months ago, is something that we should be aware of. If any other manufactor (GoLight, MSR, etc) all of a sudden jacked up their prices you honestly think there wouldn't be waves in the water. Some of us spend months saving up for our gear, to have $150+ price increase in the span of 4 months is something that effects our ability to purchase. Sure, Stormcrow and his wife work hard, have to feed their family and all, but guess what, those of us who plan to buy something at xyz-price and than have it jump 30, 40, 50% while we are saving up to buy it, that just means it is that much longer we have to save up, eat out less, or whatever else it is in your life that you sacrifice in order to buy gear. Hate these threads all you want, facts are still facts and truth are still true. A major price increase like this, just when everybody is getting ready to buy Christmas gifts/gear, if that is ok with you, well, cool. Not everybody enjoys these type of actions right at this time of the year by those who we have been planning to buy from for month. Think me a hater all you want, but I'm dead-on-right on this issue.
    Last edited by Redwood Guy; 11-18-2010 at 18:26. Reason: typo fix

Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    I don't know, I think he should voice his opinion... 27% increase is HUGE! I'm with ya Redwood on this one.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    But we don't need any of the kit, we just want it. It's not like anyone is forcing you to buy any of it.

For me it's an interest/hobby, if there's food to put on the table then that get's priority, if there's piece of kit I want then I do the same and I save up for it.

I see where you're coming from but at the end of the day, if folk are willing to pay over $350 for half a sleeping bag then that's up to them. You can't knock the manufacturers for cashing in on a gold mine period.

Images
    you being right don't make them wrong. they have the right to raise prices, whatever their reason is and we have the right to shop elsewhere. should of bought it sooner
    Last edited by kayak karl; 11-18-2010 at 20:18.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    you being right don't make them wrong. they have the right to raise prices, whatever their reason is and we have the right not shop elsewhere. should of bought it sooner
    giggle, yeah, I know.

I have been saving up... and holding off until I got my underquilt. I wanted to see how well it was gonna do before I dropped the money for a TQ too. Their UQ has blown me away so I went back today to buy the TQ. Only to find it went up 100 bucks

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Is this going to be a looooong Winter? Will this stuff get worse? Adam and all folk who risk their treasure and time to supply the customer don't owe any of us anything price wise. It's the law of supply and demand and it still works. Demand drops and the price will lower. Cash is tight for many but I would submit that if we can afford hammocks we are not that bad off. There is always DIY as well.

Can we make it go away now?

Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    Time for you to learn to sew.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Guess I'm confused. I've been trying to decide about getting a full length 3-Season Incubator for a few weeks now, and I haven't noticed a price increase. Did I miss something????
    In case someone's interested, I think there is still a 3-Season Burrow for sale (900 fill, sewn footbox) for $220 on the For Sale Forum. Maybe someone should snap that baby up pronto.
    KJ

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    If it bothers you that much, vote with your wallet.
    There are other people that sell similar items. Call around and see who will give you a better deal, or a guaranteed delivery date.

Or- Learn to sew and make your own gear.

That way you won't have to depend on any of them.

DKPerdue

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I used to think that the money I spent on gear was excessive until I started comparing camping gear prices to hotel prices for a week long vacation.

Since my vacation time can be in the trees, I am not paying 100+ per night for a hotel. It doesn't take too many of those to off set the several hundred (actually more like thousand) that I have spent on quality gear over the years.

Anyway, I have no problem with folks in business pricing things at whatever the market will bear and I have no problem with folks who think the prices are too high to politely voice their opinion and shop elsewhere.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast