Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Member creativeKayt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Posts
    1,133
    Images
    1
    Yep. Well done. I use the prusik knot/figure 9 setup on my tarp rig. I like that it is fully adjustable yet simple. I have not tried the "v" setup, but like how you illustrated it. I will try that next time I'm out.

  2. #12
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    3,146
    Images
    47
    thanks Red, as a, soon to be, hanger this is very helpful technique. well done and strait forward. what is your preferred cordage for ridge lines etc...

    CLICK HERE to add your name to the world wide H F member location list. And Thank You!


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___WildernessLogics ROCKS !____

  3. #13
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,575
    Images
    46
    I've never seen the trail stick technique. I'll have to try it. I have a 2in. piece of plastic coat hanger with a hole drilled in it on the line that I "butterfly" the loop around that works pretty good. This is for the end that you attatch first on a continuous line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  4. #14
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,439
    Images
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeKayt View Post
    Yep. Well done. I use the prusik knot/figure 9 setup on my tarp rig. I like that it is fully adjustable yet simple. I have not tried the "v" setup, but like how you illustrated it. I will try that next time I'm out.
    Thanks CK, I've done the "V" thing with knot bones and fig.9 on a continuous RL but haven't actually hung with the method I demo'd but will give it a try next time out. Its nice to have the suspension not rub on the tarp lines.

    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    thanks Red, as a, soon to be, hanger this is very helpful technique. well done and strait forward. what is your preferred cordage for ridge lines etc...
    Glad I could help. I use Zing-it 1.75mm for pretty much everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I've never seen the trail stick technique. I'll have to try it. I have a 2in. piece of plastic coat hanger with a hole drilled in it on the line that I "butterfly" the loop around that works pretty good. This is for the end that you attatch first on a continuous line.
    Nice, I like the butterfly, pretty cool.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  5. #15
    Senior Member Barefoot Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, Michigan
    Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Posts
    1,350
    Thankee Red,
    I can't believe I missed this video.

    Your videos are always educational, simple to understand and follow, well edited, and very useful for anyone spending some time in the wilderness with thier gear.

    Keep up the good work...please.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

  6. #16
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,439
    Images
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Child View Post
    Thankee Red,
    I can't believe I missed this video.

    Your videos are always educational, simple to understand and follow, well edited, and very useful for anyone spending some time in the wilderness with thier gear.

    Keep up the good work...please.


    Thanks Barefoot, I do enjoy making and editing the videos.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Similar Threads

  1. trying to pick a tarp, options
    By Thumper24 in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 13:45
  2. Video: Simple Hammock Suspension Options with Continuous Loop
    By dejoha in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 20:22
  3. CRL tarp attachement options
    By joefbtg28 in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 12:45
  4. Tarp options
    By JLegion in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 10:07
  5. too many tarp options - can't decide
    By Brendan1 in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 08:46

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •