Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    I would only be doing to give me the additional lashing and molle points.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I will be buying a MMP once I recover from purchasing custom quilts so I have a silly question. I assume it would be fairly easy to secure snow shoes on the "second tier" of a loaded pack? I just can't picture the mounting at the moment.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    I will be buying a MMP once I recover from purchasing custom quilts so I have a silly question. I assume it would be fairly easy to secure snow shoes on the "second tier" of a loaded pack? I just can't picture the mounting at the moment.
    Sure, very easy. All you need is a couple of cinch straps or even bungee cords.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    Rat, why don't you just get a bigger boat!?

Wait until you see my molly pack (took the back out of the backpack) this weekend. You will be proud of Grasshopper........ I actually got all my crap on it! LOL!

And let me add lib to this and say, "We use to do with a 10 foot boat that leaked and had half used batteries and trolling motors that barely stayed on the transom."

Now, a decade later we are still trying to figure out how to get too much crap on our packs and looking at trying to get a 22' panga.......

Its life, we as youngsters are simple minded. Middle age we think too much and get ourselves in this mess and then at the age of being seasoned we figure out that if we just have a 10 foot boat that leaked and had half used batteries and trolling motors that barely stayed on the transom life would be simple again.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Yep, I remember my Grandpa could carry all his food in one saddle bag for a three day stay, and his only bedroll was a wool army blanket stowed behind the cantle. He was one tough son-of-a-gun tho...

And I don't miss those 10 foot boats one bit, or the bent shaft trolling motor, or the leaks, or the primitive launch, or the sleeping on the ground!

Back then we made do with less because we were STUPID and didn't know any better (but tougher too, we had to be, we were stupid)! But like Jeff said, "we're the old men now!"
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Yep, I remember my Grandpa could carry all his food in one saddle bag for a three day stay, and his only bedroll was a wool army blanket stowed behind the cantle. He was one tough son-of-a-gun tho...
    I watched True Grit 2010 last week, and noticed that all those cowboys had one saddlebag and a bedroll behind the cantle. Then, in camp, they had wooden buckets, coffee pots, cooking pots, and several rain tarps. Where'd they stow all that stuff?

Also, everyone had waterproof boots... when they came to water, they just walked right in!

EDIT: prolly shouldn't have mentioned that movie amongst Texans... the Texas Ranger in the movie (Matt Damon) was designed to be Cliff Clavin of the West!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    Mac,

You gotta know Texas ways.......
    they had wooden buckets, coffee pots, cooking pots, and several rain tarps. Where'd they stow all that stuff?
    The ranch "hands" brought that stuff to them during commercials

OLD! Watch your mouth...... do you noticed I used seasoned and not old on purpose. I found a hair in my ear, or should I say Stacie found a hair in my ear. Jezz...... what's next? DON'T SAY IT!

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Ranch hands! Of course! Those Texans had plenty to carry with a Bowie knife, two six guns, a Sharps and a belt full of 45-70 cartridges!

The Mountain Men didn't get along with anyone, so they had no ranch hands, and had to travel with several pack horses.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswildman View Post
    Mac,

You gotta know Texas ways.......

The ranch "hands" brought that stuff to them during commercials

OLD! Watch your mouth...... do you noticed I used seasoned and not old on purpose. I found a hair in my ear, or should I say Stacie found a hair in my ear. Jezz...... what's next? DON'T SAY IT!
    Ear hairs , nose hairs, heck even grey nose hairs, I remember how proud I was when my girl found some grey back hairs in the summer, now I like to tell people I`m a silverback. I don`t know about you guys though the older I get the better I get

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just ordered a Poly Peregrine today. Rat, thanks for the videos. They were essential to helping me decide on various details before ordering.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast