TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    That's the ones. I got mine as a PIF from sargevining. Some of the folks at the Utah Hang thought they looked interesting. I keep my tarp in a double ended stuff sack. I keep the end ridge lines attached, and right on top of each end. With the side guy lines in the cute little pawn bags, there's no tangling of lines, and I know what's what as I pull the tarp out of the bag. Just a fun way to keep the side guy lines contained.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

BTW I just switched to 1.8mm Zline from zpacks, which is much more grippy than zingit and holds knots way better. It worked fantastic!
    With the smaller lineloks and 3/32 or 1/8 shockcord. there was absolutely no slippage and the rougher surface of the cord locks super tight
    inside the linelok's teeth. No more slippery half-hitches needed.
    Give some a try! You'll be surprised -- even in wet or windy conditions.

Just rigged up mine and my son's Cloudburst with 1.75 Lashit and the mini cord locs. Trying to get knots to hold with this slick line in the cold sucked. I expect this to work fabulously.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Does anyone know what happened to the original pictures of the setup? I don't see them now and wanted to use them for reference.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Datahiker View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to the original pictures of the setup? I don't see them now and wanted to use them for reference.
    I don't have any trouble viewing them.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Weird, now I can see them. I tried logging off and back on, refreshing the page and nothing was working.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, I was redoing my guy lines with some Stein Skyline and checked back through this thread. I found that when I did it previously I ran the line the wrong way around, so I tried again the way the first post describes.

The problem is with this orientation there's no hold on the line at all, it slips immediately. My incorrect way held just fine so I'll probably go back to doing it that way, I just want to see if there's something I'm doing wrong.

On the right is the way I had it set before, with minimal or no slippage. On the left is the way it should have been done, but it won't hold for anything.

guylines.jpg

I'm replacing all the shock cord, and can do it the "wrong way" if needs be, I just want to see what I could possibly be doing wrong.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomeofDob View Post
    Sorry to bump such an old thread, I was redoing my guy lines with some Stein Skyline and checked back through this thread. I found that when I did it previously I ran the line the wrong way around, so I tried again the way the first post describes.

The problem is with this orientation there's no hold on the line at all, it slips immediately. My incorrect way held just fine so I'll probably go back to doing it that way, I just want to see if there's something I'm doing wrong.

On the right is the way I had it set before, with minimal or no slippage. On the left is the way it should have been done, but it won't hold for anything.

guylines.jpg

I'm replacing all the shock cord, and can do it the "wrong way" if needs be, I just want to see what I could possibly be doing wrong.
    It looks like in the picture on the left you just have the line lock oriented down. It should be oriented up like in the photo on the right so the zing it can lock into the channel. Run the shock cord through the opposite end and run your zing it though the remaining holes and it should work perfectly. I've been using the Shane Method for a while now in some really high winds and hard rain with no slippage. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Those line locs are not really designed to have a free tag end.

This is the 'correct' setup.... But use it however it works for you.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by KdawgCrazy View Post
    It looks like in the picture on the left you just have the line lock oriented down. It should be oriented up like in the photo on the right so the zing it can lock into the channel. Run the shock cord through the opposite end and run your zing it though the remaining holes and it should work perfectly. I've been using the Shane Method for a while now in some really high winds and hard rain with no slippage. Hope this helps.
    In the photo on the left it works, with no slippage. But on the right it slips like crazy.

Sorry, just realised I said it wrong in the first post. The way it's threaded with the shock cord works fine, but it's the wrong way.
    The one with the continuous loop of dyneema is threaded the right way, but slips.

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast