WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings

Ziplock

I have been using a small Ziplock container for my tea mug with a Reflectix cozy and the large Ziplock container for my eating vessel.

I cut a small hole in the lid of the small container for a sippy hole.

I use the large container as a shell that i put my Ziplock freezer bag in and pour boiling water over. When I'm done, I crumble the plastic bag up and put it in my garbage bag to hike out.

I also like the nesting capabilities of this kit. I keep my extra tealights, lighter, and firestarter inside the "water-resistant" setup.

Nothing new or special, but works for me.

Hammock
    Grand trunk ultra light
    Tarp
    10x8 blue tarp
    Insulation
    probly DIY
    Suspension
    two trees?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I have been using a small Ziplock container for my tea mug with a Reflectix cozy and the large Ziplock container for my eating vessel.

I cut a small hole in the lid of the small container for a sippy hole.

I use the large container as a shell that i put my Ziplock freezer bag in and pour boiling water over. When I'm done, I crumble the plastic bag up and put it in my garbage bag to hike out.

I also like the nesting capabilities of this kit. I keep my extra tealights, lighter, and firestarter inside the "water-resistant" setup.

Nothing new or special, but works for me.

i think i found a winner i a have a small zip lock twist top container how big should the sippy(lol) holes be?
    EMBRACE THE SUCK

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I use the "questionable mental health cook kit" that Tinny makes. You can use it to cook in, but it is also just the right size for a cup-a-joe, and the fiberglass wicking on the outside lets you hold it while the liquid inside is still nice and hot.

http://www.minibulldesign.com/apps/w...s/show/1516622

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Rusty Nails.

Here are some pics

The full setup in a Snowpeak 600 stuffsack. I have my cigar box and spoon stuffed in the side and my extra tea lights, spices, and tampons/firestarter inside. Haven't had any issues with rain getting in and I hike with this in an external pocket on my pack so it is waterproof in my eyes.

The coozy on top. The blue modified screw top holding things together.

Closeup of the Ziplock screw top. This used to be a full lid. You can use a razor blade and take out the middle allowing the cup to fit into it.

Closeup of the actual lid with the square sippy cutout. Make sure you add a small hole at top to allow for air to enter like a regular coffee mug. The lid is my favorite part of this setup. I had a double-walled aluminum mug that always allowed pine needles or leaves or whatever in my drink.

"Bowl" with quart-sized freezer Ziplock bag tucked inside. You could also just use this as a traditional bowl. You would have to actually clean it up after you use it though.

Dehydrated chili inside the freezer bag. Add boiling water and enjoy. After your meal, just crumble the freezer bag up and place in your trash bag. Lick your spoon and cleanup is complete!

I believe I stole this whole idea from Tinny from one of his videos.

I do realize the original post was about coffee mugs and I've been rambling on about bowls etc., however, a crucial part as to why this mug works for me is the way it functions with my eat system.

Hope this works out for you.

If you do decide to go this route, post the pics and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Tendertoe; 12-01-2010 at 07:09. Reason: More Information

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I use a McDonalds styrofoam coffee cup (it's not regular styrofoam). I pick up a new one every time I head to to the trail. Almost indestructible, weighs almost nothing and free with coffee.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123