I saw Ewker's post from last December so I thought I'd carry the banner for 2010.
WHAT TO DO
1. List your top 3 gear items, and
2. Explain why you feel it is your best new gear
Must be something new to you in 2010, not necessarily that the item was released in 2010 (e.g., 2010 was the first year you tried whoopie slings). You need to have used it on trips and not just in your backyard. Keep descriptions to 200 words or less for quick browsing.
* Hammock-related gear is a plus.
* A link to the gear is a plus (e.g., to a manufacturer's website)
* 100 words or less, extra bonus!
I found it interesting to see what trends appeared last year, and I'm sure this year will be similar.