Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Insulation
    ThermaRest Z-Lite
    Posts
    64
    Images
    2

    Down Throw Blanket Sale

    Thought I would pass this along. Buy one get one free down cotton throw blanket. 8 oz 550 power fill down. $24.99.

    http://www.shnoop.com/

    BEWARE silentorpheus made a purchase through this site and later had fraudulent purchases made with the credit card used. Though the compromise of financial information may have not been through this site, its better to be safe about it. If you have made a purchase with this site please keep an eye on your bank statements to make sure this has not happened to you as well. Im extremely sorry for any trouble this may have caused.
    Last edited by Jduncan; 12-02-2010 at 12:55.

  2. #2
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,516
    Images
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jduncan View Post
    Thought I would pass this along. Buy one get one free down cotton throw blanket. 8 oz 550 power fill down. $24.99.

    http://www.shnoop.com/
    thanks for the heads-up!!
    perfect for a couple Christmas presents!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Insulation
    ThermaRest Z-Lite
    Posts
    64
    Images
    2
    Shipping is free as well!

  4. #4
    L.D. Cakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holston Mtn. Foothills
    Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Posts
    3,304
    Images
    81
    Thanks, I ordered one! Great gifts!

    I used PayPal .....I'm not worried.
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 12-02-2010 at 18:01.
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

  5. #5
    New Member Mud__Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ohio Valley
    Posts
    47
    great find and an even better share

    this is like 10 bucks a blanket and 5 buck to ship them. unreal bargain.

    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir

    I couldn't have said it better myself.

  6. #6
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,724

    Exclamation Buyer Beware

    Just a heads up for all. Saw this post last night, and my wife and I decided to order some. Placed the order at around 1 in the morning, using her credit card.

    Just a few minutes ago, she got a call from her credit card company, letting her know that there were at least 2 online purchases that were made on her account, that came up as flagged fraud purchases. they confirmed the last few things she bought, including the blankets, but the 2 or 3 things after that were clearly bogus, and they canceled them, and canceled and reissued her card for her, as a precaution.

    She uses the card all the time, so it may be completely unrelated. But I find it suspicious that it has never happened before and then happens hours after paying through that site.

    Just a word of caution for anyone who jumped on this deal to keep an eye on your credit card, in case this happens to you too, but your card company doesn't catch it like ours did. Like I said, might be a fluke, but better safe than sorry.

  7. #7
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,516
    Images
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Just a heads up for all. Saw this post last night, and my wife and I decided to order some. Placed the order at around 1 in the morning, using her credit card.

    Just a few minutes ago, she got a call from her credit card company, letting her know that there were at least 2 online purchases that were made on her account, that came up as flagged fraud purchases. they confirmed the last few things she bought, including the blankets, but the 2 or 3 things after that were clearly bogus, and they canceled them, and canceled and reissued her card for her, as a precaution.

    She uses the card all the time, so it may be completely unrelated. But I find it suspicious that it has never happened before and then happens hours after paying through that site.

    Just a word of caution for anyone who jumped on this deal to keep an eye on your credit card, in case this happens to you too, but your card company doesn't catch it like ours did. Like I said, might be a fluke, but better safe than sorry.
    hmmm...that would give me pause also.
    Glad I paid with Paypal...i will keep an eye on that account also

    Thanks for the heads up!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Insulation
    ThermaRest Z-Lite
    Posts
    64
    Images
    2
    silentorpheus, I'm so sorry that this happened. No harm was meant on my part, just trying to pass savings along to HF members. I hope no one else had these problems. For those who have purchased, please keep an eye on your bank statements to make sure this has not happened to you. I hope this was just an isolated event and has not happened to anyone else. My apologies to all if I put your financial information in danger

  9. #9
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Hammock
    DH-TB 11', WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear!
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jduncan View Post
    silentorpheus, I'm so sorry that this happened. No harm was meant on my part, just trying to pass savings along to HF members. I hope no one else had these problems. For those who have purchased, please keep an eye on your bank statements to make sure this has not happened to you. I hope this was just an isolated event and has not happened to anyone else. My apologies to all if I put your financial information in danger
    No need for YOU to apologize!

    It's an online retailer. You take the risk when you buy from any new place. All you did was pass along a deal you saw. Not like you told us "hey, my brother Vinnie knows this guy that sells blankets from his van every other Tuesday" and then the guy disappeared with our money. Then I'd be giving you the evil eye.

    And like I said, it could be unrelated, since she's bought other stuff both in person and online in the last week or two using that card. The good thing is that the purchases were made at 11 AM, and the phone call to us happened at 11:47 AM. So at least they're on the ball.

    It's the reason I never ever use a debit card to buy anything online. Always either paypal or a major credit card that has no direct linking to my bank accounts. I actually have one credit card set aside for only online ordering.

  10. #10
    gunner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaufort, NC
    Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Posts
    7,584
    Images
    39
    As someone who has an online store (for the last 8 years), I would not order anything from this site. After reveiwing the site several things concern me.

    1. There is no physical address in the Contact or About us section

    2. There is no phone number in the Contact or About us section

    3. They can only be contacted by a form, not an email address

    4. If this information is there, I did not find it and as a potential customer I should be able to find it without working at it.

    If I can not find these basic pieces of of information on a site, the alarm bells start going off and I go elsewhere.

    Over the years I have had people call me and order from me simply because they know they can talk to real person
    Frosty Butt Hang Jan 2015 .................. Fat Butt Hang April 2015

    neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

    I am 18 with 43 years of experience !

Similar Threads

  1. Peg rig throw down
    By Noob in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 21:23
  2. EB Down throw - UQ
    By sandpiper in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 12:47
  3. Down Throw for TQ
    By Captain Morgan in forum Top Insulation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 20:04
  4. I want to throw out my bed!
    By Chris.Biomed in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 16:32

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •