WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    Not necessarily an endorsement of this site, but I have ordered from them a couple of times in the past. The first time back in 2007.

Two times the order went smooth with no issues. One time the item was sold out and my paypal automatically refunded...

I think you folks are letting the unfortunate events of one person send you into fright mode.

this info was in my paypal receipt, in clear view
    Merchant
    Shnoop.com, Corp.
    [email protected]
    718-717-2690

I called the number it IS theirs. and they are in New York.

so in case someone needs/wants to contact them, there u go.

note I said paypal not CC receipt. I would NEVER use a cc for an online purchase if it were not a mainstream vendor. Paypal acct. is rather simple to get going.

thanks again for the word on sale OP
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Insulation
    ThermaRest Z-Lite
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    No need for YOU to apologize!

It's an online retailer. You take the risk when you buy from any new place. All you did was pass along a deal you saw. Not like you told us "hey, my brother Vinnie knows this guy that sells blankets from his van every other Tuesday" and then the guy disappeared with our money. Then I'd be giving you the evil eye.

And like I said, it could be unrelated, since she's bought other stuff both in person and online in the last week or two using that card. The good thing is that the purchases were made at 11 AM, and the phone call to us happened at 11:47 AM. So at least they're on the ball.

It's the reason I never ever use a debit card to buy anything online. Always either paypal or a major credit card that has no direct linking to my bank accounts. I actually have one credit card set aside for only online ordering.
    I dont know anyone selling blankets out of van but I do have some swamp land for sale if you are interested just kidding

Glad to hear your bank is on top of their stuff and was able to catch those extra purchases. Sounds like they are worth sticking with

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Has anyone gotten their Quilts? I finally got mine today. It took 16 days for them to deliver but it is the correct color and quantity I ordered and I like the satin piping around the edges.
    Cakes
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    Silnylon
    Insulation
    Kifaru Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Sounds like a great deal...

I never worry about a website listing a phone number and email address...doesn't bother me. On my own websites where I sell things, I don't show a phone number or an email address. I do have a contact form where people can send questions. I don't show my actual email address in order to prevent spam. Same with the phone number...no telemarketers that way. That, and I don't have a phone right now anyway.

Hasn't hurt me one bit...got more sales than I can keep up with!

I used to use PayPal's 1-time credit card numbers until they stopped providing those... I've had my card number stolen before (by the credit card processor) and it's no fun at all...also had it happen while I was in Iraq -- someone skimmed my card and someone else in Australia fabricated a fake card with my info on it for a couple of POS purchases...hard to get that fixed from Iraq, btw...

Going to check out these blankets now, though 16 days for delivery sounds a bit excessive...
    Last edited by jumpmaster; 12-19-2010 at 02:24.
    Like my avatar? Want a custom bracelet and a great way to carry spare cord? Check out my website!

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Superfly w/ Doors
    Insulation
    Crowsnest 3/4
    Suspension
    Treehugger Straps
    I know it's off the original topic, but thought I should chime in. I've setup dozens of ecommerce sites. Every cc processor I have used required basic contact information, return policy, privacy policy, and other terms of sale be easily accessible as a condition of their contract. Not meeting these terms could result in contract termination and potential liability charges.
    "That he is mad, 'tis true, 'tis Pithy, and Pithy 'tis, 'tis true..."

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You were right to question these guys, according to resellerratings.com, there are quite a few "irregular" practices that Shnoop.com has been accused of.

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    Silnylon
    Insulation
    Kifaru Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pithy View Post
    I know it's off the original topic, but thought I should chime in. I've setup dozens of ecommerce sites. Every cc processor I have used required basic contact information, return policy, privacy policy, and other terms of sale be easily accessible as a condition of their contract. Not meeting these terms could result in contract termination and potential liability charges.
    Yeah, that's why I accept PayPal and don't bother with your everyday credit card processors.
    Like my avatar? Want a custom bracelet and a great way to carry spare cord? Check out my website!

I have just had to cancel a credit card and, along with the cc company and my own initial investigation, have determined the bogus purchase attempts originated after trying to purchase the blankets through this site. No real time to go into much detail, but the red flags are many. It could be the third party pay vendor or a host of other possible corruptions, but I felt it was my duty to at least voice my agreement that, IMHO, any purchases made through this site need to be carefully monitored.
    Last edited by mixinmaster; 12-22-2010 at 09:37.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY 4-Season, HG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/WBB
    Images
    Did this ever arrive? This appears to be a long-gone deal, if it ever was one. I am a bit of a down addict now, so it's nice to have more around.
    Haywire is my trail name, but I can't change it. Ha.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast