Tonight I was all ready to sew the seams around my fabric and make a hammock but when I found Ed's snugfit and hammock design to be 5 feet wide, I had to make it work on my 4 foot wide Claytor Jungle hammock.
So I sewed the soft loop material to the Claytor to accept the omni hook material on the Snugfit, added two loops on each side of the silver fabric next to the white spandex (as Ed suggested) and hung it in the garage. The loops had to be added because my Snugfit is a Speer Model, not the Universal model, and the universal model must have the loops like a JRB.
I can't believe how user friendly the Snugfit is. All I had to do was hook up the extra bungees on each side just like it was a JRB Nest, and hook Ed's center bungee to the same place the apex of the JRB type bungee setup was attached (on a biner) and there it was, like it was made to fit.
I got in the hammock and gently tried to pull the quilt away from the hammock and it stuck like glue.
I thought you might want to know that the four foot width of the Claytor is no problem whatsoever with the way the quilt fits. Even though the Claytor's width is only four feet, (which I like because it allows me to see all around me while hanging in it) and Ed's Snugfit design is made for a five foot wide hammock, it worked great. The Snugfit design is awesome, it was truly a snug fit.
Mule
Steve