Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    no not really. i consider myself neutral. but when i factor in the weight of the PL AND the space it takes up in my pack i don't find it useful enough to carry...

i consider myself a UL packer though...

I appreciate all the input and will show you guys my finished product when done.

What is the squished down in a compression sack size of a PL??

Even an educated guess would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by team FTB View Post
    What is the squished down in a compression sack size of a PL??

Even an educated guess would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    About two Nalgene bottles. A little less bulky if you are persistent and use a compression sack.

They aren't the warmest or most compressible, but they are cheap insulation. A summer Burrow or JRB Shenandoah will be slightly warmer, pack to half the size, and be 25-30% lighter. But, you can get up to 9 poncho liners for the price of the Burrow or Shenandoah.

For a hiker, they are horrible. But, for the car camper they can be lightweight and inexpensive insulation.

Hammock
    1.4oz\sqyd single, DIY
    Tarp
    zpack cuben fiber
    Insulation
    down goodies
    Suspension
    The Force
    Images
    i was making and selling liner top quilts on here and they weighed right at a pound. I used them in the summer when i lived in NC.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Winter incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    When weather warms up here in Az I switch from my incubator and burrow to my te-wa 2/3 UQ and I use a poncho liner as my TQ....

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    If you are still looking for a poncho liner, consider one of these http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Produ...TOKEN=58212924

Wiggy's makes awesome sleeping bags, and I would imagine his take on the poncho liner is pretty well the best there could be.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Well, its been a while since I initiated this thread. I am happy to announce that I am finally the proud owner of a new, Brand spankin' new, Poncho liner. $32 price wore a serious hole in my pocket. Got it at a gun show from the militaria dealer. He said it was new, and Marine surplus. Gave me a razz about being Army veteran buying Marine stuff. Regards getting one off e-bay, or some other mail order business, I got a bad case of wanting to get "hands on, touchy feely" with what I buy. So I got the one that had the most "fluffy" to it. Combine it with the 3-season incubator, and I may just do some early spring hangin'. So far its a 'couch blanket for watching the tube. seems fairly warm, but awful light, like there's no "there" there. Now the concept of delayed gratification comes into play, waiting for warmer weather. I would like to thank those of you who gave advice. Thats what's nice about HF. Helpful research for the asking. Again, Thank You All.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    Well, its been a while since I initiated this thread. I am happy to announce that I am finally the proud owner of a new, Brand spankin' new, Poncho liner. $32 price wore a serious hole in my pocket. Got it at a gun show from the militaria dealer. He said it was new, and Marine surplus. Gave me a razz about being Army veteran buying Marine stuff. Regards getting one off e-bay, or some other mail order business, I got a bad case of wanting to get "hands on, touchy feely" with what I buy. So I got the one that had the most "fluffy" to it. Combine it with the 3-season incubator, and I may just do some early spring hangin'. So far its a 'couch blanket for watching the tube. seems fairly warm, but awful light, like there's no "there" there. Now the concept of delayed gratification comes into play, waiting for warmer weather. I would like to thank those of you who gave advice. Thats what's nice about HF. Helpful research for the asking. Again, Thank You All.

I have 2 PLs. I removed the tie outs on one, and was going to use it as an UQ with a mummy bag conversion. I hope to get around to trying it out this weekend. As for the last few weeks, its been very useful as my blanket at nights in the bed. I am very surprised by the weight to warmth factor. I need to get a few more--just to have.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Hope the OP doesn't mind my posting this on his thread, but it's a contiuation of his original question (I think).

I'm also ex-Army. I have a good bit of my gear...am mostly car camper/short distance hiker, so weight is clearly not an issue.

I'll be ordering my HH explorer and hex tarp next week.

I was wondering what temp range I could reasonably reach with the HH explorer, my Intermediate sleeping bag (15 deg mummy issue bag, basically), CCF pad (issue), and then using a poncho liner and issue poncho as the UQ/UC? I'm picturing folding the PL in half, and using grab clips to attach it and then the poncho as an outside shell to the underside of the hammock.

I already own everything but the hammock, so working with existing stuff. Thoughts?