Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

First outing with Winter Incubator . . .

Wow. WFR and I traveled to Pisgah National Forest and met up with Hanging Burrito, Running Feather, Darby, Hickery, Nooner, and Screaming Eagle for a weekend hang. My setup included a WBBB dbl 1.7, Superfly with doors on, my newly purchased Winter Incubator, 3-Season Burrow, and a poncho liner for a Top Cover. Slept in LL Bean mid-weight thermals.

Friday night low was 27* and clear skies. Slept like a champ with exception to the 3:00 am "gotta go" expedition. With both quilts, I found myself venting on occassion, this combo is very warm for me and I am a warm sleeper. My main concern was my feet which typically get cold for about 2 hours then they warm up. No issues with cold feet at all

Saturday evening, low near 25* with sleet & snow coming in the morning hours. For those that know Hanging Burrito well enough, he didn't fail. He tempted Mother Nature once again and the dusting to slight accumulation of snow we were expecting turned into 5 inches by 6:00 am. Again, found myself needing to vent.

The combo of the Winter Incubator and the 3-Season Burrow is a fantastic pair for me. Knowing the comfort range I have in those temps with both quilts and the rest of my gear, I really think I can push it to 0* with no problems.

Thanks StormCrow & Throwren for great quilts that produce better than expected!

ps . . . If I can get hold of some pics from the trip, I'll post them here. I'm bad about taking pics and rely on others to usually do that for me.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    I think you need to find some colder nights!!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Great report. I love the Pisgah area. It's one of my favorite areas to camp. Where exactly did you guys hang?

My winter Incubator is set to arrive any day now, so I may very well be out hanging in that same area pretty soon, if we don't head to the Ellicott Wilderness area instead.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Sounds like one great trip

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
    I think you need to find some colder nights!!
    Definitely! This trip was just a little gear test for Mt Rogers in January. Hoping to get much colder temps then

Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    Great report. I love the Pisgah area. It's one of my favorite areas to camp. Where exactly did you guys hang?

My winter Incubator is set to arrive any day now, so I may very well be out hanging in that same area pretty soon, if we don't head to the Ellicott Wilderness area instead.
    We were along the South Mills River, USFS Road just north of Pink Beds Parking area, and then down about 4 miles to a designated campsite

Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    Sounds like one great trip
    It was a great trip. Good friends, lots of good food, and 1 heck of a FIRE !

Not meant to be a trip report but a gear report for both the Winter Incubator and the 3-Season Burrow.
    A+ to Hammock Gear !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts