TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny's_Trike View Post
    Well, there ya go. Exactly why I joined this forum. So much valuable info available here and so many nice people willing to share it.

So, what I can gather from this thread so far. Hammock and UQ is reasonable to store together in a skin. Avoid putting the tarp in with it. Thats easy enough to manage. Bishop bag seems to be a consideration at this point.

Is the Bishop Bag an item which can be purchased or is it just the name this bag design is called? Still not that far along yet, but they surely cant be hard to make or buy.

Again, Thanks for all the good info
    Paul at AHE sells several sizes and styles of hammock bags. You can get them with grommets or draw cord openings depending on what kind of suspension you have and your preference. The larger one will fit a hammock with UQ. E-mail Paul and he'll give you some guidance. I have the smaller one with the pockets and have a larger one with pockets headed my way. The pockets are great for stashing stakes, carabiners, etc.
    KJ

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny's_Trike View Post
    Is the Bishop Bag an item which can be purchased or is it just the name this bag design is called?
    Think I saw some on the Arrowhead Equipment site. Another consideration is that even the owner of HH does not set up his personal hammock with the tarp attached to it. Much better if set up separately for keeping the tarp taut. Plus you can set up the tarp in the rain and your hammock rig after to keep it dry and the reverse for take down...I read here of all places.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome ACU/BLK 11'
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex Camo 12'
    Insulation
    JRB UQ Nest TQ NS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just received my Arrowhead Hammock Bag 2 with pockets, I love it. The pockets allow me to keep everything together.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Think I saw some on the Arrowhead Equipment site. Another consideration is that even the owner of HH does not set up his personal hammock with the tarp attached to it. Much better if set up separately for keeping the tarp taut. Plus you can set up the tarp in the rain and your hammock rig after to keep it dry and the reverse for take down...I read here of all places.
    Thanks for the reply. After some consideration of what all has been said here on my thread. It is apparent that since I have not used my gear further than my fenced in back yard. The consideration of rain and wind makes perfect sense why someone would want their tarp seperate from their hammock. That being said. I will plan that and decide about a sack. I did put in a call to Paul when I read this today and hopefully he will get back with me before he ships my UQ. I am hoping my decision to go with the less expensive New River UQ will be satisfactory for me. As alot of modification and adjustments with no knowledge will me a snafu I am sure.

Only time will tell.

Update: Spoke with Paul today. UQ will ship end of week. He said he will send the next larger stuff sack he has and will install a gromet. So I will end up with a Bishop Bag as suggest. Very nice guy and very receptive to my questions. Also provided me some easy alternatives to using the New River rated for 30 deg F to even lower, possibly 0 F with existing equiptment I have. Thats better than a sharp stick in the eye.
    Last edited by Winchester52; 12-13-2010 at 16:31. Reason: Update

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12