TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Kathy is stepping away from the WBBB and BBO because of a touch of claustrophobia. A Papa Smurf sock would not take her to her "happy place".
    For the record ..... the BBO is an awesome piece of gear. Because I had a right hand zip modified Blackbird with matching BBO, I sold them together. They were meant for each other.
    If I get into winter camping at some point, I'll have to decide about a hammock sock. Maybe I can get one made with a mesh moonroof, or just pull it up to my neck with my head out to combat that closed in feeling????
    KJ

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Looks like either the ENO or the WB will work great. Comes down to a decision between a vertical or horizontal zipper entrance. I'll be using the net over an underquilt. Any strong opinions as to which design is easier to deploy, and enter/exit?
    Thanks for all the input so far. HF folks rock!!!!
    KJ

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    fly fish trip to the Green below Flaming Gorge.
    KJ
    OMG, take me with ya!!! One of my all time favorite rivers in the CO/UT area.

I have a paddling friend going through your exact process; she even thinks the BB is warmer and might not be to her liking for summer trips. As to netting, I have seen her ENO in action and if you are at all tall (vs my friend who is 5'2" or so) I think you would be fighting the net getting your legs in. A horizontal net zip just makes more sense to me.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by millarky View Post
    OMG, take me with ya!!! One of my all time favorite rivers in the CO/UT area.

I have a paddling friend going through your exact process; she even thinks the BB is warmer and might not be to her liking for summer trips. As to netting, I have seen her ENO in action and if you are at all tall (vs my friend who is 5'2" or so) I think you would be fighting the net getting your legs in. A horizontal net zip just makes more sense to me.
    I try to do the A section (just below the dam) a few times a year, either walking & wading or floating in my cataraft. My next goal is to float & camp the B section. It has a bunch of designated river camps that look really nice.
    I'm 5'6" and I'm currently in rehab for a total knee replacement I had 3 months ago. I hadn't thought about the difficulty of swinging my legs in with the vertical zipper.
    KJ

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    I try to do the A section (just below the dam) a few times a year, either walking & wading or floating in my cataraft. My next goal is to float & camp the B section. It has a bunch of designated river camps that look really nice.
    I'm 5'6" and I'm currently in rehab for a total knee replacement I had 3 months ago. I hadn't thought about the difficulty of swinging my legs in with the vertical zipper.
    KJ

With any luck, you won't experience any bugs for at least another 4 months then . Think about the vertical zipper long and hard if you are leaning that way. I also think I'd be more prone to tripping myself up getting out in the middle of the night. Both nets hang well below the hammock but the relatively heavy zipper adds weight to the open net at the bottom and keeps trying to 'close' it. Does that make sense? The horizontal WB zipper seems more intuitive to use. Of course, some young whippersnapper will find the ENO netting perfectly OK. It's just the older I get the less I want my gear to be a struggle to use. That's why I switched to hammocks in the first place

Section B is on my list for spring 2011 if I can just find a shuttle that goes that far out past Little Hole. Have any suggestions? Is section B less crowded? I hope so because section A is like Disney World.
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The ENO Guardian looks to need a separate topline...not designed to use the existing hammock ridgeline. If so then to keep your tarp apart from the net would require a second topline. Am I off base here?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    The ENO Guardian looks to need a separate topline...not designed to use the existing hammock ridgeline. If so then to keep your tarp apart from the net would require a second topline. Am I off base here?
    The Guardian comes with a separate ridgeline because the stock ENO's don't have ridgelines. But, it works just fine with a hammock that already has a ridgeline. The suspension of the hammock just exits the velcro closures on the end.

The Guardian is a well made net, but it is *very large* and heavier than needed IMO.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by millarky View Post
    Section B is on my list for spring 2011 if I can just find a shuttle that goes that far out past Little Hole. Have any suggestions? Is section B less crowded? I hope so because section A is like Disney World.
    I'm sending you a PM with section B info.
    KJ

KJ
    I have an ENO vertical zip and limited mobility in one knee and I have no issues getting in. For me the vertical zip is in the natural position to sit in your hammock, once sitting you lift your feet inside and swing your legs on the inside of the net. Works for me at 5'4".

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

travel net

i have the new arched wb traveler net.
    its pretty awesome.
    you will have issues the net falling against your shoulder on the diagonal, more so than the wbbb. could be fixed with a jrb grip clip to pull the net away from you.

but as far as the net, its really cool. easy to deploy. easy to get into the hmmk.
    *i have no exp. with the guardian
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast